Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

what type of nitrous setup is best for me??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:32 AM
laserredgt
3rd Gear Member

Default what type of nitrous setup is best for me??

hey guys i was wondering what is the diff. between a wet and dry nitrous kit, and which would be best for my setup...i dont think im going to go super or turbo anytime soon and i think i would rather have nitrous then gears right now so...if i were to get it, which one should i get and what kind of shot?...any other things i need to know about nitrous would be very helpful b/c all i pretty much know about it is that with a flip of a switch your haulling ***
Old 05-13-2008, 02:42 PM
laserredgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: what type of nitrous setup is best for me??

wow thanks...lots of information here
Old 05-13-2008, 03:01 PM
86302gt
1st Gear Member

well it all depends on you a wet kit adds both fule and nitrous and a dry kit only add nitrous and takes the fule from your stock sistem both add power i would go with a wet kit i think if tuned right it is safer then a dry kit but other will say a dry kit is easyer to hook up but if i was you i would pm nitrous_bob i think he knows more about nitrous then a lot of pepele on this forum and he is a fan of dry kits but he will be the beast person to ask thats just my .02
Old 05-14-2008, 04:15 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

yeah like stated.... wet kits squirt fuel and nitrous both into the intake, dry only squirts nitrous and bumps the fuel pressure up so the extra fuel is at the injectors.

i am a dry kit supporter, but i also use small jetting like 75-100

75-80 should knock 1 full second off your et , and get you about 10 full runs from a bottle.

wet vs dry is personal pref, some say wet is more consistent. what i will say is this and you need to decide.....

nitrous is NOT flammable, it's an oxidizer, so it cannot in any condition blow your car up. what blows up is an existing problem enhanced by the nitrous. or the possibility of "puddling" fuel in your upper intake that was made to flow air , not fuel, and then it ignites. since it's mixed w/ nitrous... it blows even better , thats why i like dry.

now, so far i have referred to wet kits in general under the assumption itr was a wet nozzle or tb plate kit. those 2 will squirt throughg the upper, but, there are also real plate kits, that sandwich between the upper and lower and do the same thing... the diff is that at this point of injection, it was designed to flow fuel so your good. also their are direct port kits... even better, they use an individual nozzle for each cylinder (typically high hp app's like 300-1200) they are the best way to do it. but.... they also rise in price accordingly. wet nozzle or dry kits are about $500-$600 , and a direct port kit will start about $1200

anyways, brands i like are NOS, NX, edelbrock

bad brands are cold fusion, and anything else that tricks the maf by spraying b4 it.... good dry kits like the NOS 5115 spike fuel by vaccuum , not freezing the maf.

i used a zex kit once on my '90 vert... can't say why i didn't like, but won't buy another.

i am on my 3rd dry kit, 2nd NOS 5115 , thats all i'll ever use until i wanna spray 150-200, then i'll go w/ a big shot gt40 plate kit from NOS