Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Turbo Mapping and accessories...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:24 PM
coop7
3rd Gear Member

Default Turbo Mapping and accessories...

I don't know sh*t when it comes to and everything u need for an f/i setup...
But I do know that my buddy will hook me up with a cheap K03 (minus supporting mods) so I wanted to look into wut all I would need to do to pretty much just "bolt it on"...
I've got a buddy with a 911 turbo who does all his **** himself,
so he can help me with the install...
He just doesn't know about the pipin and **** for a v6 mustang...
Help?

-Coop
Old 10-01-2008, 07:32 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

K03 is way too small, both on the compressor side & exhaust side. If you're looking for cheap turbo(s) to do a junkyard kit I would recommend looking for two turbos from a 1st gen turbo eclipse, talon, or laser. They're fairly cheap & are fairly well sized for the v6.

Log style manifolds can be easily made with a few weld el's, a T, & the flanges for manifold to head surface & manifold to turbo surfaces (look for .100" wall thickness els). The rest of the piping is fairly cheap & is easy to work with, summit sells cheap piping that can be used for down pipe & back plumbing aswell as intake plumbing. Obviously you'll need to be able to weld or have someone that can. You'll need some tbolt clamps & couplers (silicone ones are all over ebay). Then you have to figure out which way you want to go with dealing with the fuel management. You can either go the fmu/fpr route or a piggyback or standalone route. I'm not sure what size injectors come stock on those engines, you may need to buy some. Same goes for the fuel pump, not sure what size those use.
Also you'll need oil feed lines & oil drain lines along with the fittings (you'll have to tap the oil pan for oil returns)
Intercooler is optional, you'll get more power with one & some type of charge cooling is required for higher boost levels anyway.

You may want to double check with the limits on the stock fuel system in the v6 section, I'm not aware of what they are.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:43 AM
coop7
3rd Gear Member

Aight cool...
Thanks for the help man...
I don't remember off the top of my head injector size either...
But I'm 99% sure they need to be upgraded to support even a small turbo...
But thanks again...

-Coop