Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

turbo build what do u use for waist gate and bov

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 03:39 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

with that size turbo and that low of a boost, id run a 44mm just to be safe. always better to have more wg then you need
Old 02-14-2012, 11:23 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by superduck352
the two 255 lph fump's i like that idea and thought about it but thought i was stuped for thinking it but know i know i am not...my bigest thing about the tf2 cam with 542 lift was being woried about bending a valve and messing up pisten thanks for the info i know you said it would work but i feel still would be a good idea to use puddy to doubel check if u agree thanks yet again for the information
There is nothing wrong with running multiple. Many people have done it and preferred it to using one large pump, mostly due to running it when the tank is low and it being quieter. My two 255's cost me about $65 a piece on ebay, they're TRE performance. Here is one from a very reputable fuel system company using three 255's on a fox mustang.
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/5...ple255swv0.jpg
With clearance, it's always best to double check. A lot of people (including many on this forum) said my .542 would hit & a lot of people were wrong. It was nowhere close to hitting even without installing a gasket to add thickness when checking. As with anything, I would always look for the success stories when looking at ideas.

It's also worth noting the sizing; Like luckythirteen13's setup, I would have chosen 38mm wastegates, the reason I didn't choose 44's had nothing to do with needing the added size. I chose them because they used vband flanges. I couldn't find decent quality/affordable 38mm ones that used vband otherwise I would have went that route.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:19 AM
superduck352

Originally Posted by FoxGT
There is nothing wrong with running multiple. Many people have done it and preferred it to using one large pump, mostly due to running it when the tank is low and it being quieter. My two 255's cost me about $65 a piece on ebay, they're TRE performance. Here is one from a very reputable fuel system company using three 255's on a fox mustang.
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/5...ple255swv0.jpg
With clearance, it's always best to double check. A lot of people (including many on this forum) said my .542 would hit & a lot of people were wrong. It was nowhere close to hitting even without installing a gasket to add thickness when checking. As with anything, I would always look for the success stories when looking at ideas.

It's also worth noting the sizing; Like luckythirteen13's setup, I would have chosen 38mm wastegates, the reason I didn't choose 44's had nothing to do with needing the added size. I chose them because they used vband flanges. I couldn't find decent quality/affordable 38mm ones that used vband otherwise I would have went that route.
i am glad to hear that im gona be ordering the tfs2 cam soon and installin my head cam combo and il look into a good waste gate i wana git a 4psi spring just because i was to run low boost till i git a good tune she looks like she will be done soon!!! im so exsited!!!!!! thanks again i added u to contackt on here so i can ask u questens time too time thanks man
Old 02-17-2012, 12:04 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Just stay out of boost until you get a feel for tuning it or can get it somewhere. Car's are very forgiving with horrible tunes at low-moderate load. I wouldn't advise against running the spring you desire, just make sure you have a decent feel for things by playing at low-moderate load. Fortunately you picked a popular engine so it's fairly easy to find a stock target fuel & ignition map to start with.

Last edited by FoxGT; 02-17-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:41 AM
SKAR

+1 for using v-bands as much as possible, so much easier (so long as they are welded clean and straight). With my 38mm flanged waste gate I was having problems with blowing out gaskets.

For a BOV I would recommend Synapse. Just route your vacuum line properly and you will find nothing better.

For tuning if you have a base tune, get it running and take it to a shop to have it dyno tuned. Worth the money.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:58 AM
superduck352

as an update i need to update car info i am converting auto to manual today have evreything also have a wastegate 48mm vband wastgate from good speed i think what it was called all i gota grab is bov wich i looked and gona grab hks bov and gona deleate a/c and smog pump and rout headers soon gona be sooner then i though still ordering tfs2 cam here in like 3 to 4 weeks she is comeing together oh also on the manual i have a clutch from ebay rated to 550 hp stage 3 from f1 raceing and a cromly litewate flywheel should be in the mail today i want to thank evreyone for you advice on evreything you where so helpful and kind