ROUSH Performance The premier manufacturer of high performance upgrade kits for Ford Mustangs. From powertrain, to handling, to styling, ROUSH provides industry-leading performance and quality.

Safe levels of hp, torque, and boost?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 12:07 PM
MF.Stage3

Default Safe levels of hp, torque, and boost?

I've posted on other parts of this forum and gotten some feedback, but would like to see what you guys at ROUSH have to say. I bought a used 2012 RS3 with 4k miles on it. Not sure what all the guy before me did besides aftermarket headers. When I got the car I wasn't aware of this (I thought it was a stock RS3 with the ROUSH tune). I bought the care and left it at the dealership for a week and a half while I went on a vacation to Jamaica. When I got back they said they and dyno'd and tuned it for me, at the time I was a little curious as to why, but then they said it had some aftermarket stuff done to it and needed a tune so I was glad they did it and I didn't have to pay for it.

Before I dive into my questions let me tell you what I use my car for. Right now, I use it as a DD. That being said I live close to work and don't take it out as often as some others might use their DD. I do not drag my car, but in the near future I want to track it. Actually the whole reason I got a ROUSH over a GT was so that I could take it to the track.

So my questions are:

1) Now that I don't have a stock RS3..What would it cost, if it's even possible, to get it back to the ROUSH tune?

2) What are safe levels of boost on the stock block? Currently it looks like I'm at 12 psi, when the stock should be 10 psi.

2.1) If 12 psi is too much, how do I go about lowering that and do I need a tune after I lower the boost?

3) Is 616 rwhp and 527 max torque too much on the stock block? Should I lower that as well or am I fine where it's at? I have had a lot of people tell me different things on this one.