Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

eibach sport line lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 05:25 PM
ozan169
1st Gear Member

Default eibach sport line lowering springs

hi ppl

i wana ask is any one using the eibach sport line lowering springs and
what is the ride like for a 2005 mustang gt on your 18 inch rims. i want get them but just want to know what is the ride like with 18s

thanks
Old 03-08-2007, 08:29 AM
3rdgearpull

Default RE: eibach sport line lowering springs

I can help. My friend got the sportline and he hates em, they are to low, well for him he doessome drag racing and they killed his car trying to hook, but if you not worried about that they look pretty good, myself igot the steeda's and i love em they lowered my can like 1 in the front and 1.5 in the back it looks good, plus i can still hook it good on street tires, my freind he is so easy to beat now and we got the some mods just because i can murder him off the line on streedtires, you can always pay a little more and get the pro kit, that would prolly be best for someone wanting to have the best of both worlds.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:23 AM
searay2006
2nd Gear Member

I have the Sportlines and the car looks great that low, handles like a go-cart. The problem is at hwy speeds if you hit a good size bump it bottoms out in the rear real hard. I have no problem w/ traction on stock tires. In the future I will change out with the pro-kit when I getnew shocks & struts on. It's a bitch when you can't even get your floor jack under the car. Oh and the ride not too bad, firm and sportscar like.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:21 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 3rdgearpull

I can help. My friend got the sportline and he hates em, they are to low, well for him he doessome drag racing and they killed his car trying to hook, but if you not worried about that they look pretty good, myself igot the steeda's and i love em they lowered my can like 1 in the front and 1.5 in the back it looks good, plus i can still hook it good on street tires, my freind he is so easy to beat now and we got the some mods just because i can murder him off the line on streedtires, you can always pay a little more and get the pro kit, that would prolly be best for someone wanting to have the best of both worlds.
Uhh he doesn't hook as well because he probably isn't running LCA relocation brackets. There is nothing wrong with sportlines, its just that if your gonna go that low prepare to spsend the money to have it done right. ADJ LCAs, Relocation brackets, ADJ panhard bar, Front LCAs, and of course springs and struts. I'm on sportlines and the ride is crappy but I'm running stock struts, and I was on 20s. You won't bottom out if you learn to adjust your driving styles with the drop(i.e. driving over speed bumps fast..etc)
Old 03-10-2007, 09:21 PM
steelcomp
2nd Gear Member

I have about 11K mi. on Sportlines and stock struts and shocks...07 5 spd. The ride is firm and bouncy...the stock struts and shocks aren't up to the spring rates, but haven't blown yet. I have never been in a stock 'Stang, so I have no comparison to the stock ride. I have all the adjustable rear arms and panhard, and a lot of neg. camber in the front. I'm on the stock 235 BFG's on the factory 18" Bullets, and I'm having a kick in the pants driving this car. It's pretty damn amazing how well this thing sticks and handles. I drive an hour + every day on a section of Hwy 101 and it's not unusual to "play" at 130-140mph, through some pretty bumpy S turns through what's called the Gaviota pass, and Three Bridges, near Buellton. As I've pushed the car, it's never done anything unfriendly, and is very predictable and stable. I would call the handling just slightly tight, but almost neutral, being able to 4 whl drift at 100 with little trouble. I do think the ride height with the Sportlines is a little excessive for the street, but not so much that it's a problem.In and out of driveways, and over speed bumps, with a little caution is very do-able. The bottoming out is a big problem with severe bumps, though...one of the reasons I'd like a little more ride ht. All in all, if you want your car that low, surprisingly,they're not bad. It would be interesting to see how the car would be with a decent set of shocks and the front geometry correct. I'll never know, though...I'm going with coilovers.
Just my .02
Old 03-17-2007, 12:35 AM
baginoman
2nd Gear Member

can u sell me ur sportlines when you get the coil overs?
Old 03-17-2007, 12:57 AM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

I am running the Sportlines with FRPP Struts and Dampers and Foose Nitrous 20's. Big holes cause issues, but as a daily driver with over 54K miles, I like the ride and the looks as well. No issues with bottoming our except when I have all three kids in the car, their luggage and hit some good size holes. Never bottomed out on speed bump or inclines. But I do have to watch for the higher than normal curbs when parking forward.