Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > S197 Handling Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-25-2014, 02:17 AM   #121
JThor
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT

Trying to keep my car in F Street this year, but want to upgrade springs if legal. I want to get the benefit of the full 2010 track pack car if reasonably feasible.

Do any of you have the spring rate specs for a 2010 GT Track Pack II car? I have a vin for a 2010 Track Pack II car and my vin for the Track Pack I car (3.73 rear axle package) So far, the springs and sta-bars seem identical. Both cars call for AR33 5310 F (Yellow) for front and AR33 5560 D* (Tan) for the rear from the dealer catalogue. I know the rears have a rated spring rate of 156 lbs. I don't know the spring rate for the Yellows. Both have 36.4 mm sta-bars in the front. If this is true, the only difference seem to be the the strut assembly between a Track pack I and II car. Any additional info would be helpful.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
JThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #122
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 GT Premium

If the two Track Packs are calling out the same front spring by part number and tag color there is nothing to gain there, and even if there was I think you'd have to convert the rest of the car to match whichever Track Pack you picked the springs from. Aftermarket springs are out for FS and the 2014-only FSR class; they'll send you to STU, ESP, SM, or CP.

The strut assembly probably doesn't matter, since you're free to swap struts and shock absorbers (there may be some limits - I'm not entirely sure what damper allowances exist in F Street).

Norm

'95 626/V6/5MT (still in the family but not at this address)
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:28 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2008, 2010, 401294, ford, gt, hr, mustang, race, rate, rates, rear, roush, spring, v6, vogtland