Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Suspension upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Hey Punisher-

I carry Hotchkis parts among many others. I think I can recommend better but would have to talk to you about the use of the car, and what you really expect. Hotchkis stuff is nice quality, but it's pricey AND it's a little generic for my tastes. They tend to tune for the lowest common denominator. Softer springs, giant bars, and no dampers (which are HUGE for making the car work right).

I could sell you the TVS 2 kit for around $1649, or I could put together a kit that I would prefer for similar (or less) money that will work better including better dampers. Shocks and struts are the brains of the suspension, they are the single most important place to start when trying to make a car feel and react better. Doesn't mean other parts don't matter, they do. But it all has to work and work together. And things like some body bracing and stuff is small potatoes vs. good damping, good roll control, good wheel rates, etc.

I have all that stuff, my website is frankly kind of incomplete as I'm a very small company (3 people only 1, me, full time). And I spend an inordinate amount of that time talking to folks about their setups and that means the website suffers.

Call me, it's worth the time. All I ask, and I think this is fair is if you do call for recommendations etc. is that you remember me when it's time to proceed. I have very fair pricing. I have more knowledge about this car and making it turn than most anyone else. I've won a lot of SCCA National Championships in them. And I have more product lines than anyone I can think of to choose from, which allows me to pick and choose the best items for a given job.