Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

My GT500 has been basically sandblasted by a Nissan 350z

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:36 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aode08
he just lowered the value of your car,

gave it a carfax history

made your insurance probably go up

not intentional, more like a spur of the moment
hey...thanks for your support...you really like to kick a person when their down...make sure you dont go working any support or suicide help lines...jeesh...LOL

now to your points: value is lowered.....if I ever was going to resell...

NO on the carfax history...as Insurance rep does not report....neither will dealer...no police report....not a collision...comprehensive damage

Insurance not going to go up as never had a claim in 20+ years... not a collision claim..actually comp claim..still 15+ years safe driver as no tickets . accidents etc.....

as far not intentional....no the a-hole did not INTENTIONALLY spit gravel at my car....but he did intentionally be an A-HOLE..he knew what he did post tense as he ran a red light to avoid me down the road as well...so yeah ...a little intentional....
Old 03-18-2009, 07:51 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

TJ, if you need any help, let me know...
I'll be in Europe soon but I'll help you out with some other stuff when I'll come back on April 7th.

I just don't like the idea of you going to a dealer for paint work.
Have you checked out any cars that were fixed there, to see if the quality is OK?

I'm so sorry this happened my friend.
+1 on your maturity for not going after the ******* and straight him out.
I don't think I would pass that test
Old 03-18-2009, 07:56 PM
shoepolishsmelling
2nd Gear Member

Definatly definatly the right thing was to not chase this guy, you will definatly see him again im sorry this had to happen to you and your nice shelby but dont worry find comfort in the fact that he was scared enough to run a redlight to get away, that in itself tells me he knows what he did and while you can repaint and still have a nice car years down the line a 350Z in a few years will be worth some pocketchange
lol nothing is worse than living near a military base nothing but chargers and srt4 neons that thing they are hot sh*t so i can say i definatly know the type that wronged you again i say to myself (its still a neon) btw how long did it take you to get your dash plaque? i ordered mine a couple of weeks ago
Old 03-18-2009, 08:01 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shoepolishsmelling
Definatly definatly the right thing was to not chase this guy, you will definatly see him again im sorry this had to happen to you and your nice shelby but dont worry find comfort in the fact that he was scared enough to run a redlight to get away, that in itself tells me he knows what he did and while you can repaint and still have a nice car years down the line a 350Z in a few years will be worth some pocketchange
lol nothing is worse than living near a military base nothing but chargers and srt4 neons that thing they are hot sh*t so i can say i definatly know the type that wronged you again i say to myself (its still a neon) btw how long did it take you to get your dash plaque? i ordered mine a couple of weeks ago
...thx,,, yeah 350z are a dime a dozen,,,,took me 12 weeks to get my dash plaque last summer....I have heard as long as 12 weeks..as short as 5
Old 03-18-2009, 08:05 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
TJ, if you need any help, let me know...
I'll be in Europe soon but I'll help you out with some other stuff when I'll come back on April 7th.

I just don't like the idea of you going to a dealer for paint work.
Have you checked out any cars that were fixed there, to see if the quality is OK?

I'm so sorry this happened my friend.
+1 on your maturity for not going after the ******* and straight him out.
I don't think I would pass that test
the only reason I chose the dealer I did is because its where I bought the car and I know the owner of dealership real real well....I know he will make sure it is right by me...VIP treatment all the way...also they did body work twice on my 05 gt and did great work...they did over buff in my 05 which I had fixed....but both those times it was basically done for free...so I did not sqwauk too loud....this time will be much different as they are getting a good chunk of money to do right...that and they will take care of my deductible if I asked....it will not leave their shop unless it is PERFECT.....thx for your offer and help though Pascal...
Old 03-18-2009, 08:06 PM
shoepolishsmelling
2nd Gear Member

no problem i know its a bad feeling now but hopefully she comes out looking just a good if not better then you can put it behind you
also i hate to ask because you probobly dont even want to look right now did you take any pics after the insurance adjustor??
Old 03-18-2009, 08:15 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shoepolishsmelling
no problem i know its a bad feeling now but hopefully she comes out looking just a good if not better then you can put it behind you
also i hate to ask because you probobly dont even want to look right now did you take any pics after the insurance adjustor??
yeah I am going to get them loaded up tomorrow....dont feel like looking at them all again...
Old 03-18-2009, 08:20 PM
shoepolishsmelling
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
yeah I am going to get them loaded up tomorrow....dont feel like looking at them all again...
understandable
Old 03-18-2009, 08:34 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

my plaque took 6 weeks
Old 03-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Damn, TJ. This is some crazy stuff! Can't believe that you got $4,500 worth of damage from this. That is insane! I assume your talking about Brandon Ford? I had them paint the underside of my hood a week ago. They did an awesome job. Again, I'm sorry bro!

Quick Reply: My GT500 has been basically sandblasted by a Nissan 350z