Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

My GT500 has been basically sandblasted by a Nissan 350z

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

How's it coming TJ?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:20 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chris07GT
How's it coming TJ?
still waiting to get all the parts in for my car....hopefully this week they will get them in then I will bring them my car and be without for about 7-8 days...trying to get it back before April 11th.....got some other things that will be done while they have my car...a couple add ons...just the waiting game..hopefully dealer will call me tomorrow and advise ETA on all.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:03 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Daniel60
I actually can believe that estimate, as for some reason the new Mustangs seem to chip very easy. Especially the windshield, front bumper and of course, the headlight plastics.
Orion 240

God did he ever say that right. Where I live (South Carolina) I have been putting up with rock chips for ****ing years. My hood has been painted at least 4 times and the bumper three times. I was looking at my friend's Dodge Challenger the other day and it didn't show squat on damage. But this car especially the most popular color black spreads like a ****ing cancer. Tried a full hood clear bra and the installer ****ed that up and when he took it off the car paint came right up with it. I love this car but this car has to be the worse car I have ever had as far as paint chips. It appears that this car is just damn vulnerable to the damage.

Sorry Chef to hear your news.
+1 on this ****ing bull****. Every time I take it out on a highway I come back and I can find new white chips in my paint. My hood depresses me every ****ing time I look at it. I don't even want to talk about the scratches I find on the fenders from ******** hitting their purses or whatever the **** on it.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:39 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I am tired of eating rice so lets just go out in my car looking for the guy that did it and get some payback!!!!!!...........seriously I feel your pain and hope it is taken care of right and the first time too.. Real sorry to read this TJ....love that beast and I knew how happy you are with it in great condition instead of freckled...I cringe for sure when I see pics...its like getting hit in the nuts....all men know how the other feels after that happens and cringe when they see it happen......if I am ever in the area I would love to detail the GT500 for you after the car is on the mend (and paint is aged a bit)
Old 03-24-2009, 12:26 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
I am tired of eating rice so lets just go out in my car looking for the guy that did it and get some payback!!!!!!...........seriously I feel your pain and hope it is taken care of right and the first time too.. Real sorry to read this TJ....love that beast and I knew how happy you are with it in great condition instead of freckled...I cringe for sure when I see pics...its like getting hit in the nuts....all men know how the other feels after that happens and cringe when they see it happen......if I am ever in the area I would love to detail the GT500 for you after the car is on the mend (and paint is aged a bit)
thx J ....you know anytime you want to come on down we can go on a 350z safari...LOL..since this incident I am even MORE aware of ricers and stay away / avoid them more...last night an srt4 got up behind me on the highway and was F---ing around..so I just downshifted to 4th ..;punched it and was gone like the wind...did not want this a--hole getting in front of me at the light at the exit ramp or worse...of course he did his usual ricer move after I got off the exit...he slowed way down going straight just enough to hear his wastegate expel....I guess that sound is supposed to show his utter uselessness in life...a couple of local contacts think they located the car that did the gravel dusting...we will find out in a week or so.....still not going to do anything stupid though...
Old 03-24-2009, 01:01 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Glad to see you are making progress on find that butt wipe. I wouldn't know what to do if I found him. I am sure you will get your revenge in some form or another.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:09 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
thx J ....you know anytime you want to come on down we can go on a 350z safari...LOL..since this incident I am even MORE aware of ricers and stay away / avoid them more...last night an srt4 got up behind me on the highway and was F---ing around..so I just downshifted to 4th ..;punched it and was gone like the wind...did not want this a--hole getting in front of me at the light at the exit ramp or worse...of course he did his usual ricer move after I got off the exit...he slowed way down going straight just enough to hear his wastegate expel....I guess that sound is supposed to show his utter uselessness in life...a couple of local contacts think they located the car that did the gravel dusting...we will find out in a week or so.....still not going to do anything stupid though...
But it feels good to vent though.......it helps a little

And yes even if you did find him unless you have proof that he did do it (like a plate number or cell phone vid that caught him in the act...or if he put a vid on youtube showing your car getting sand blasted by some *******) then you could pursue it legally and file with the local police and get the insurance company to lose the deductible and go after his insurance co. for the deductible.....I am sure vandalism is illegal and has its penalties...
Old 03-24-2009, 11:30 PM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

Im sorry that happened. From the original story it does appear to me the nissan did this on purpose. The word PUNCHED is the reason. Most people here i think can determine that from the sound of the engine i bet. I just have to say if someone did this to me i would at least get the plate..I would take it a step further i would catch up with that jackazzz and have a little talk . It may even be without words to No one gets away with crap like that., But thats me it may be wrong but it is pay back... get my drift its called sweet revenge.....Hope it all works out for u,
Old 07-20-2009, 03:56 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mullens
Does anybody wonder why we have all this road rage and people getting shot over traffic disputes? A-holes like that. You did do the right thing by letting it go. Not worth a trip to jail or worse.
Totally agree, though I have been guilty of acting irrationally a bit when younger. Its not worth the potential headache going after a punk like the one you came across. It still wont fix your car but ends up costing you your freedom and more money. Sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:17 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

you did the right thing TJ....and I hope everything works out well.

Quick Reply: My GT500 has been basically sandblasted by a Nissan 350z