Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Carroll Shelby Signature - include VIN?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by Corepuncher
Engraved signature? Hmm...I'm thinking that might not be as authentic. I'm gonna go for the real signature I think...you?

The sig is not engraved. Only the VIN
There is an OPTION on the 10-12GT500 to have the sig engraved if you want, But it also comes hand signed for a little less.

Yes... I would do the hand signed

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 06-20-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Corepuncher
1st Gear Member

I'm definitely going to get the hand signed. Kinda defeats the purpose to have it engraved, I would think.

Hey man let me know when you get yours. From the pictures on their site, it's not clear how well it "fits" there in the center console...is it supposed to be at an angle over the "Sync" logo? Or maybe there is a place to lie it flat.

Also, I wonder if the hand signed version comes with some sort of clear coat over it to protect the signature.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

I'm definitely going to get the hand signed. Kinda defeats the purpose to have it engraved, I would think.

Hey man let me know when you get yours. From the pictures on their site, it's not clear how well it "fits" there in the center console...is it supposed to be at an angle over the "Sync" logo? Or maybe there is a place to lie it flat.

Also, I wonder if the hand signed version comes with some sort of clear coat over it to protect the signature.
It fits between the middle two A/C vents and fits very nicely. I have seen several...
Old 09-15-2011, 05:35 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

I think it's a cool thing to have if you own a Shelby vehicle. But how much can the old mans signature actually be worth at this point? Can't go to a car show now a days without seeing it festooned upon something.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:00 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

There is a thread on Team Shelby forum about how to seal the dash plaque. I did it a year or so back. It would be much easier before it was attached to the dash. I really think it should be done to keep the signature from fading or smearing if accidentally spraying or spilling something on it.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:45 AM
Corepuncher
1st Gear Member

Krylon UV Clear Coat:

http://www.buyaurapaint.com/krylon-k01309.html
Old 09-17-2011, 08:38 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by X3xMONGOOSEx3X
I think it's a cool thing to have if you own a Shelby vehicle. But how much can the old mans signature actually be worth at this point? Can't go to a car show now a days without seeing it festooned upon something.
I agree, also way too many Shelby's around to keep any more value than any other car, Look at how much even used Supersnakes are selling for now.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:40 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
The sig is not engraved. Only the VIN
There is an OPTION on the 10-12GT500 to have the sig engraved if you want, But it also comes hand signed for a little less.

Yes... I would do the hand signed
The hand signed is $150.00 more than sig. engraved.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:32 AM
Corepuncher
1st Gear Member

Man it's taking forever to get my signature plate...I ordered it back in June! I guess they say up to 4 months.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:57 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Core, the 2011 does not go by the ac vents.
It fits above the shifter.

Might wanna check to make sure you ordered the right one!

Quick Reply: Carroll Shelby Signature - include VIN?