Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

2005 Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:32 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Default 2005 Car Cover

Georgia is now being parked in an underground spot which is safe, but after a recent rain I found something from the pipes above had dripped on her. It wiped off but I don't want to take any chances, thus planning to buy a car cover. Not a big fan of car covers in public parking areas as I believe they scream "steal me, I'm valuable!". But would rather risk theft in a security garage than damage to the car's paint.

Sooooo.... what are those of you with 2005+ Saleens using for car covers? Where to purchase? Waterproof? Cost?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Red6
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 2005 Car Cover

Casy from Haneymotorsport got me a good cover for my car.

I would talk to him the guy is awsome if you don't already know!!!!!!!!

Just tell him what you need!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:54 PM
06SaleenX
3rd Gear Member

i got mine from autoanything.com custom fit for saleen evolution 4
I got the outdoor cover even though mine is inside all the time,

Old 11-12-2007, 09:16 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

California Car Cover made mine custom ...they have many different materials to choose from as well
Old 11-12-2007, 09:29 PM
bebrown1075
1st Gear Member

Mine is a Cover Craft Block It 380
http://www.covercraft.com/380_series.htm
Part Number:C16623TT
Custom Fit Car Cover; Saleen Model; 2 Mirror Pockets; Size G3; Block-It® 380; Taupe;
[ul][*]3-Layer Protection[*]Soft Inner/Outer Layers[*]Film Barrier for Water Resistance[*]Naturally Moisture Resistant[*]Breathable; Moisture/Vapor/Heat Can Easily Escape[*]Film Barrier Stops Dust And Pollution[*]Custom Patterned For A Perfect Fit[*]Dries Quickly[/ul]

It fits like a gloveas it is made for a Saleen. It coveres the car from head to toe with enough to cover the wheels andwrap under the front andrear of the car. My caris supercharged so it has a wingin the back and iteven fits around that. If you would like some pics please let me know, my baby is covered for the winter.

Hope this helps

Brad
Old 11-13-2007, 04:03 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Amy - if your car is a daily driver (which I believe it is) then IMO you are better off leaving it uncovered and hitting it....er, uh, her with a shot of quick detailer and a microfiber when you get home if she suffered any drips from those pesky pipes. Plus I truley believe people will pay your car much more respect by oogling at it in the parking garage, than if they saw a car under a cover....hmm whats under here, lets take a peek and leave a scratch while we're at it [:@] Also, unless you plan to dust off your car prior to covering it every day you are subjecting the paint to swirls. NEVER cover a dirty or dusty car

But if you must, I bought my covers from California Car Cover and went with the Noah foroptimal dust & nick protection(primary concern) and also very reputable for the occasional weather protection.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:51 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

Amy - if your car is a daily driver (which I believe it is) then IMO you are better off leaving it uncovered and hitting it....er, uh, her with a shot of quick detailer and a microfiber when you get home if she suffered any drips from those pesky pipes. Plus I truley believe people will pay your car much more respect by oogling at it in the parking garage, than if they saw a car under a cover....hmm whats under here, lets take a peek and leave a scratch while we're at it [:@] Also, unless you plan to dust off your car prior to covering it every day you are subjecting the paint to swirls. NEVER cover a dirty or dusty car

But if you must, I bought my covers from California Car Cover and went with the Noah for optimal dust & nick protection (primary concern) and also very reputable for the occasional weather protection.
Thanks Jason, as always you offer such great advice. I agree with you 100% re: covering a daily driver.

However, as of next week Georgia will no longer be a daily driver, as I will be using public transportation to go to the Big City for work each day. Still will drive her more than occasionally for errands but mostly she'll be reserved for fun on weekends. I worry that if I don't check her each day and whatever dripped on her continues, it could possibly do some damage. Have considered asking for another assigned parking space but in all other respects the spot she's in now is pretty darned good. They told me I am the first new tenant who decided on which apartment to rent based on what parking space was assigned to it. [8D]
Old 11-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Bob D.
2nd Gear Member

I also got a Saleen-specific Noah cover, from Haney. It is on its way to me as we speak, so I can't say I have a lot of experience with it, ;-) but as Red and others know, Haney is a real pleasure to deal with. Also, I've had Noah covers for other cars and been very pleased with them--good protection against nicks, as noted above, plus gentle on the finish and very durable. Good luck with whatever you buy, I personally would pick a cover over pipe drippings any day. :-)
Old 11-13-2007, 05:06 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Thanks guys! 05Saleen#243 (Josh) has kindly offered to sell me his gently used Saleen cover, so I'm gonna go with that.