Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Got an Option I didnt pay for who do I contact to fix my window sticker?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 02:56 PM
C.Saleen
2nd Gear Member

Default Got an Option I didnt pay for who do I contact to fix my window sticker?

I belive I brought this up before and no one seamed to know the answer, when rebuilding the rear end in my 02 saleen S281 S/C #406, We opened the cover and what pop's out a max grip diff, now the window sticker on my car said nothing about bein equiped with the max/grip but it was in there, so my qesuton now is, I dont think after 6 years Saleen is going to charge me for this lol, if they do they can have it back cause its out now lol. Is it possible to have it documented as part of my car's options, would this change my window sticker? Please advice any one !
Old 12-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

You'd want to contact Team Saleen... probably Juli.Kusiak@ via e-mail or phone... she might have ready access to the 2002 paperwork.

Keep in mind when contacting them as I think they're on holiday break until January 5.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:08 PM
C.Saleen
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jim D.
You'd want to contact Team Saleen... probably Juli.Kusiak@ via e-mail or phone... she might have ready access to the 2002 paperwork.

Keep in mind when contacting them as I think they're on holiday break until January 5.
I will do that, but my question is how do I go about getting it fixed, I have the window sticker from my car and it was not sold with the max grip option. Im assuming sending them a picture will clear this up, I just want the records to be correct.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:12 PM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone ever seen any pics or CAD drawings on that max grip diff? I have only ever seen the advertisement for it but no quantifiable data or comparisons with the std 3.73 rear end/..
Old 12-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

The max grip is just an Eaton diff as I recall. They switched to Detroit Tru-Tracs in 05 I believe. You wont be able to get a new Marohni with the updated info. No one knows where to get the paper for the old ones so.. yeah.

Your on the lucky end though, a lot of people were told they had max grips and would pull the diff off and find that they didn't have one. This happened a lot more on the fox bodies.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:30 AM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

Red Devil is correct.....The S197 max-grip is a TruTrac diff. I do believe the earlier ones (pre-04) were a torsion style design.

And yes on the mis-builds. Saleen had alot of cars that were sold with options that the parts never made it on the car and visa versa.

It is kinda of like the Fox bodys....many times they were to have 3.55 gears, only to have the stock 3.08s. Also things like dash plaques were placed in different locations.

Casey
Old 01-03-2009, 09:25 AM
C.Saleen
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red_Devil
The max grip is just an Eaton diff as I recall. They switched to Detroit Tru-Tracs in 05 I believe. You wont be able to get a new Marohni with the updated info. No one knows where to get the paper for the old ones so.. yeah.

Your on the lucky end though, a lot of people were told they had max grips and would pull the diff off and find that they didn't have one. This happened a lot more on the fox bodies.
Whats a Marohni.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Jess Albright
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by C.Saleen
Whats a Marohni.
That the offical name of the "window sticker" that you want.

Useless info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroney_Label

Last edited by Jess Albright; 01-05-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:25 PM
C.Saleen
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jess Albright
That the offical name of the "window sticker" that you want.

Useless info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroney_Label

Ok, but back to my orignal post, what good is this sticker if its incorrect?

I dont see why Saleen cannot correct this information. Im willing to include a picture of the diff.