Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

New Saleen owner - few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:25 AM
jtotheROC

Default New Saleen owner - few questions

Gentlemen, and maybe a Lady or two,

I am new to the forum and have a few questions about some things to do to my S281 - SC. It was updated in 2009 to the Extreme engine configuration.

Right now it has 275 all the way around on the 20" rims. I want to put something more grippy on the rear and to make it have a more aggressive stance.

question #1: What is the widest and best gripping tire for the rear I can put on given that i still want it streetable (if that is a word) and if i get caught in the rain i dont want to risk be riding on hockey pucks.

My guage pods have lost a lens on the temp and the ring around both the boost guage and temp guage.

questions #2: Where can i get replacement guages and or the glass and ring. Also can i get a boost guage that does not stop at 10lbs, if so where is the best place?

As I mentioned above the car was a S281SC and was upgraded in 2009 to Extreme. I have the build sheet so I know what was put into the engine ect. but I dont know exactly what makes the Extreme different from the SC in detail engine wise. Also if it still has the stock crank in it, and what horse power and boost the stock bottom is capable of taking relatively safely.

question #3: for someone with a lot of knowledge of these cars can i PM you the build sheet and you can look to enlighten me on what I really have on my hands, and a possible projection of where I can go boost wise.

Its a lot in one post but i thought it best that I post once instead of three times. If that is the wrong method also please let me know as im a total NOOB on this forum.

My experience in past has been limited to bolt ons for an edge style 02 GT so the 3 valve is new experience as well as the Super charger.

thanks for any help and light you can shed on this new adventure for me.