Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #1
mungodrums
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999Fordgt
Cool 2001 Saleen S281 N/A vs 2005 Roush Stage 1 with Stage 2 Suspension?

Ok, I am having some difficulty deciding between a 2001 Saleen S281S N/A vs a 2005 Roush Stage 1 with Stage 2 suspension. My understanding is that the 2005 on has a better chassis but is slightly heavier, bulkier. Car will be used for mostly daily driving with some occasional open track. Maybe time attack / hpde. Any classes these two cars would be able to be in to be competitive. The saleen comes with JLT cold air intake. What about suspension on the Saleen. Saleen has new engine, same as one that came with it. Car has 77,000 miles on it they are asking $12,000, , maybe $11,500 in cash from small dealer, and the Roush has 56,000 from private party he is asking $16,000, maybe I can offer 15,000 cash. I think in some ways the older of the two cars looks, sexier, more aerodynamic. Does it have subframe connectors, if not would they help a lot? Ger.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
mungodrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #2
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: Roush
Send a message via AIM to LilRoush

The S2 suspension on the S197 Roush will outhandle the SN95 Saleen suspension as they sit. With some money invested, both can be made better - but they are both also leaps and bounds over stock for their respective year platforms.

It comes down to personal taste and your budget.
1970 Mach 1: Resto-modded monster

2000 Roush #5004 - World's FIRST M112'd V6 Mustang. Sold, but not forgotten.
LilRoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
rjstubbl
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT
claycrushr

I would go with the newer style but i prefer it to the pre '05
rjstubbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:55 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement