Steeda Autosports Steeda Autosports is Ford's #1 aftermarket performance parts manufacturer. Steeda's parts are manufactured to ISO-9001-2000 standards and are thoroughly tested and proven on race tracks and on the street. Specializing in suspension and performance parts. Steeda also carries a variety of outside vendor products making Steeda your one stop shop for performance!

Adaptive learning calibration

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 04:53 AM
mestengo
1st Gear Member

Default Adaptive learning calibration

I have read some articles on the adaptive learning but there is nothing in depth out there. Also, the Steeda website indicates that a calibration tool with the adaptive learning programing was going to be available Oct. 2008. My questions are:

1. How much rear wheel horsepower can be expected on a naturally aspirated Mustang with the delete plates and Steeda air intake which are required with the learning calibration.
2. Where is the calibration tool that was supposed to already be available.
3. Are there any before and after dyno runs anywhere?
It seems to me that this programing would be more popular if more info was available and if the price reflected the inconvenience of the owner having to ship in his computer.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:36 PM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mestengo
I have read some articles on the adaptive learning but there is nothing in depth out there. Also, the Steeda website indicates that a calibration tool with the adaptive learning programing was going to be available Oct. 2008. My questions are:

1. How much rear wheel horsepower can be expected on a naturally aspirated Mustang with the delete plates and Steeda air intake which are required with the learning calibration.
2. Where is the calibration tool that was supposed to already be available.
3. Are there any before and after dyno runs anywhere?
It seems to me that this programing would be more popular if more info was available and if the price reflected the inconvenience of the owner having to ship in his computer.
Horsepower will depend on the quality of your fuel in your area, but we have seen anywhere between 295 and 304 rear wheel horsepower. Vehicles with our calibration are running anywhere between 104 and 108+mph through the traps and 1/4 miles between 13.30 and 12.70 depending on fuel quality, driver, and track conditions.

The calibration tool project has been put on hold

There are dyno runs but I could not find scans in the server. I could print out a dyno sheet from one of our Q350's and rescan.

Not sure what you mean by the price reflecting shipping your computer in. You saying we should charge less just cause the computer has to be shipped? I dont see how that is relevant to the calibration itself, and our price is reasonable for the performance and capabilities of the calibration and the fact it is a Ford Motor Company endorsed calibration developed with their engineers which makes servicing possible through Ford service equipment if needbe.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:09 PM
mestengo
1st Gear Member

If you could scan the dynosheets that would be great. I will be sending my computer to you get the programing soon and I will post on this forum what my results are. As far as the price goes, you have more information on the calibration programming therefore the price seems fair on your side. Unfortunately, like I stated in my original question, from the consumer side we do not have much to go on or independent testing. If there are people running this calibration out there they are being somewhat quiet on the results. Thank you for the additional info.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:36 PM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mestengo
If you could scan the dynosheets that would be great. I will be sending my computer to you get the programing soon and I will post on this forum what my results are. As far as the price goes, you have more information on the calibration programming therefore the price seems fair on your side. Unfortunately, like I stated in my original question, from the consumer side we do not have much to go on or independent testing. If there are people running this calibration out there they are being somewhat quiet on the results. Thank you for the additional info.
Ok, give me a day or so to sort through the many dyno sheets we have and find one for a car with the adaptive strategy.

BTW, nice avatar
Old 07-28-2009, 07:32 PM
mestengo
1st Gear Member

She is a French pop singer. Her name is Alizee. If you have not had the pleasure to see her video on youtube, look her up. Watch the video that has over 10 million hits.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:16 PM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

I've got the dyno sheet but I am waiting for this thunderstorm to pass so I can head over to the other building to scan it. Hopefully that can happen before we close up for the day....
Old 07-29-2009, 04:23 PM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Ok, finally got it done. This was a Q350 with the adaptive strategy last summer.

Ambient temp that day was 97 degrees so not the best day to make power, but she did alright.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:39 PM
mestengo
1st Gear Member

Great. Thank you. Will be ordering the adaptive learning calibration in about 1 week.