Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

How to do a stand still burnout?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:10 PM
05Stang4Me
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How to do a stand still burnout?

You said in your opening post that you have slicks. If you don't have a line lock then you will need to do the old heel/toe trick. You back into the water box then pull out a couple of feet; use your left foot on the clutch, use your right foot heel on the brake, and work the gas with your right foot toes. It sounds tricky, but it is not too hard. You should practice before going to the track so you don't make a fool of yourself. Remember to keep an eye on the tach. You can either start off in second or if you are worried about that start in first and shift into second, but don't let off the brake!

If you have street tires you need to stay away from the water box; just drive around. On the way to the line just spin the tires over to clean them off so you don't contaminate the starting line. Remember to be careful and have fun!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:37 PM
ChrisRod
2nd Gear Member

If your in an auto push your brake pedal all the way down, put it in drive if its not already there and push your gas pedal downabout 3/4. Your rpms should be around 3-4000. Let up on your brake very slightly and the tires should start spinning. When they start spinning dont put the brake all the way down again, sort of hold it there and at that point you can push the gas all the way. Kinda gotta play with it back and forth a tad. Practice makes perfect. When your done eating up your tires just keep your pedal to the metal and let off the brake completely. Is very kool and the ladies love it.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:25 PM
kazman
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TRBOPWR

I love my line loc, it just makes everything so much easier. The only prolem arrises if you start racing competetively. I believe a line loc immediately moves you up to mod class or something, not allowed on street cars.
Line lock is legel in all classes. In a foot brake class (non-electronics) you cannot lock the 4 wheels and leave off a button (line lock release).
Old 10-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WildWillyWalker
The previous owner said he had it in second. This is where I was confused because you can't start in second.
You can start in second, people do this because they think its easier on the trans than doing it in first. People with high hp, or steep gears say thy do the burn out in second. I am sure there a few track people will fill you in to why this is.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:05 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

You burnout in 2nd gear because the tires are turning faster....that's all. It's not easier on anything.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

second gear burn out allows you to get the tires spinning faster and at lower RPM. u want to get the tires to 50-60 MPH for a few seconds- rpm not important. yes you would start in 2nd and drop the clutch around 4500 and keep the revs up... the easiest way to do it is with a line lock...other wise u have to get on the brake to hold the fronts and the engine will overpower the rears...but this is hard on your rears as mentioned above....

I couldn't do a brake stand .... so I got some line locks today!!