Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

new PB at Cecil County

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
Meth, it will cool the AIT's and will raise your octane, you will be able to run a more aggressive tune, more timing, etc.

Get both if you can afford it.

Nitrous gets really cold! Haha...
yup!

meth, intercooler, race gas

hello 12PSI and over 400RWHP somewhat safely if you are tuned right
Old 10-22-2010, 12:29 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Best set up would be intercooler/E-85.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:33 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

meth and a 10lb pulley
Old 10-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Best set up would be intercooler/E-85.
@ what cost though?

you can drain your windshield wiper solvent, re-route the lines from the reservoir and have a meth injection setup straight out of one of your factory reservoirs for dirt cheap

the meth and gas alone would be more than enough cooling properties... the FMIC would just be extra padding to go above and beyond what you initially could

and if you are feeling froggy for a one run wonder you can add a 5-10% nitromethane mix in the alcohol for a off the wall aggressive tune... although it's super expensive, which is why I say if you are feeling froggy

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 10-22-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:09 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
@ what cost though?

you can drain your windshield wiper solvent, re-route the lines from the reservoir and have a meth injection setup straight out of one of your factory reservoirs for dirt cheap

the meth and gas alone would be more than enough cooling properties... the FMIC would just be extra padding to go above and beyond what you initially could

and if you are feeling froggy for a one run wonder you can add a 5-10% nitromethane mix in the alcohol for a off the wall aggressive tune... although it's super expensive, which is why I say if you are feeling froggy
I said the best, not cheapest. What's the cost? He will probably need injectors and just a tune. Race gas will need a tune, meth will need a tune. IMO there is no point to run race gas and meth. Yes, Meth cools the air well, but it's primary function is to raise the octane. It's water/meth injection, water cools, you can have as an aggressive mix as you want all the way to 100% meth..

Last edited by perfect.disguise; 10-22-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

I said the best, not cheapest. What's the cost? He will probably need injectors and just a tune. Race gas will need a tune, meth will need a tune. IMO there is no point to run race gas and meth. Yes, Meth cools the air well, but it's primary function is to raise the octane. It's water/meth injection, water cools, you can have as an aggressive mix as you want all the way to 100% meth..
I'm not saying you are wrong as I am not a tuner but I know big players in ford modding and tuning that prefer the use of alcohol injection over an intercooler... especially centri's on the modular platform

I'm not going to post the shop but I'll quote an article on their view to strapping a Vortech to a 3V 4.6L

At ******, we’ve always tried to push our more aggressive customers into switching to race fuel when they start to get “out of hand” with higher levels of boost, especially when mixed with the higher compression of today’s 4-valve and 3-valve 4.6L’s ( 9.8 to 10.1:1 ). Convincing people to run pure race fuel has always been an uphill battle for me, because race fuel is two to three times more costly then regular pump gas, and its very inconvenient for some people to find locally. It’s important to understand that when trying to make big power “SAFELY” out of only 281 cubes on the street and the track, in heavy cars - you have no choice but to sneak up on more boost - boost levels that are often not safe with just 93 octane. This leads to the requirement of more octane no matter how you look at it, even if they’re intercooled with big boost. And we’ve already established that reducing the compression on street 4.6L’s is a very bad move overall, plus this leads to expensive and unnecessary engine rebuilds if the stock engine is in good shape and ultimately tuned correctly with boost.

We are clearly seeing that Alcohol injection on a Vortech equipped Mustang is not only safer then true hardware intercooling, but has the potential to make even more power overall than an intercooler upgrade on the centrifugals. We can’t stress enough that with a Alcohol kit you basically get 2 big upgrades out of the deal. First a big drop in inlet temp that’s not affected by intercooler hardware heat saturation, and second a big jump in octane. A third advantage comes from Alcohol kits: it can take over where your old fuel system falls off and allow more boost and RWHP without having to go to bigger fuel injectors or other fuel system upgrades in many cases.

Now for the specifics. ***** has established a 12.5 psi Vortech package for the ‘05 and up Mustangs that will net 470+ RWHP with absolutely nothing else done to the car. This package is simple, clean and works! Its all happening with the stock fuel pump in the tank and no Boost-A-Pump either, only 39lbs injectors which come in the Vortech kit. The package consists of a 12.5 psi Vortech S-trim and an Alcohol kit as well. This is all happening with 91-93 Octane in the tank. And realistically could probably be done with 87 octane if we tried. This is all done with an ****** custom tune using SCT software to take full advantage of the use of Alcohol.
an FMIC is ***** rich expensive comparing the two routes IMO

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 10-22-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:38 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

I mentioned the intercooler would be the least efficient out of the OG options.

Not sure if E-85 is big in the Mustang scene yet but I found this..

Made 45whp 40ft-lbs
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fea...ion/index.html

Made 19whp 20ft-lbs still on the same boost level..
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...tor/index.html

I wish I could get it local.