Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

one more try

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 01:51 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 94Blk5.0
^ These cars are known "pingers." Did you use platinum spark plugs by chance? Also a dirty MAF senor can be a contributor as the A/F ratio would off. If you are interested you could run "Seafoam it" (google it) to help remove carbon deposits just make sure to unhook the AIR injection for the cats if you are running a aftermarket catted midpipe, and run some fuel system cleaner through the gas. Personally, I would only do the Seafoam and the fuel system cleaner shorlty before an oil change.

If you plan on keeping the ca awhile, you may want to buy a Ford OBDI code digital code reader. They are about $30 in auto parts store around here... Hook it up periodically to see if everything is good to go, as not all codes with throw a CEL.
Actually I do have NGV platinums in the car. I have run a bottle of the fuel system cleaner thru it and it did seem to help. But the post before here is the real problem for me. I tried to do a dry hop and could barely spin the wheels. ^ ^^^

I have and Sct tuner and am going to see if I can get a tune from Bama tunes. It will also detect any nasty codes in the car.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:42 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

^ Platinums plugs in these cars are one contributing factor to the pinging. Bacis copper cores are generally best.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:24 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Jeez, my post before never showed up. Anyways, went to Milan for the test and tune made it on the track once. The car started to vibrate. Think I have some major clutch issues. I tried a second time and couldn't even do my dry hops so rather than pooch the clutch on the track, I backed up and went down the escape road and parked it.