Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Suspension
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #81
DillonInCO
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 GT Convertible

And a side question: Are there ANY alternatives to running a stock RUCA that don't cause more bind? Excluding using a torque arm or custom 3-link setup of course. I keep hearing stories of road racers blowing out the stock rubber bushings, even if they run a PHB.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
DillonInCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #82
Jack Hidley

Vehicle: 1987 Ford Mustang GT

Just do all of the front suspension stuff at once, and all of the rear suspension stuff at once. That will minimize the amount of work.

You can setup the rear suspension for a PM3L (Poor Mans 3-link). You basically remove one of the UCAs and install a spherical bearing at the axle end of the remaining UCA with a poly bushing at the other end. Only do this if your upper UCA mounts on the car are in perfect condition.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:41 PM   #83
Tipsy Bojangles

Vehicle: 1996 GT convertible

I read through seven or so pages checking for the answer but are spherical bearing upper control arms and a pan hard bar a solid combination? I've already got the MM panhard, but I'd still like to avoid any rear end instability without dropping the money on a torque arm. The car is daily driven, so the goals are front coilover kit and modest lowering all around, and being able to have a little more fun on a Napa back road without fearing potholes the other 6 days of the week. Thanks in advance Jazzer
Tipsy Bojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #84
Tipsy Bojangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by aode08 View Post

But the article is missing something, that is a wheel spacer.

Using a 2 inch spacer on the front and rear of my fox,with intentions to give me a better arcing fulcrum in corners.
I'll bet you saw huge improvements widening your track width 4 inches but not the safest way to go, especially with a car that is driven hard. Even the best spacers introduce a new failure point in your suspension
Old 07-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #85
Tipsy Bojangles

Aw Jazzer's no longer on the forums? bummer, had some really good info
Old 07-23-2014, 06:57 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
adjust, arm, caster, control, dspec, ideal, improve, increasing, length, link, lower, mustang, nvh, quadrabind, rear, set, sn95, suspension, tokico, traction