Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

new springs and shocks for 98 GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 09:09 PM
wifes pony
1st Gear Member

Default new springs and shocks for 98 GT

With everyone lowering their stangs, I figure there are a gazillion pairs of stock springs and possibly shocks, with little or no wear. My question is; what year models, will fit my 98 that I could buy on the cheap. No need to let perfectly good stock parts clutter up your garage! Help me jazzer!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Sooo.... your looking for a seller of OEM springs/shocks/struts, so that you can purchase them for your car?

There are some shocks/struts that will work for multiple models, but recommend you only purchase those from your particular year. Either way, buying used stuff is a crap shoot. Seller may say that they only have XXX miles on them, but one could be "non-truthful" or a could have bad seals. By the time one pays shipping for a used set of stuff, they will rival the cost of some aftermarket ones that will be guaranteed to fit/work properly.

Hit up the classifieds section and do some shopping on the interwebz.

Jazzer
Old 01-03-2012, 05:22 PM
wifes pony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
Sooo.... your looking for a seller of OEM springs/shocks/struts, so that you can purchase them for your car?

There are some shocks/struts that will work for multiple models, but recommend you only purchase those from your particular year. Either way, buying used stuff is a crap shoot. Seller may say that they only have XXX miles on them, but one could be "non-truthful" or a could have bad seals. By the time one pays shipping for a used set of stuff, they will rival the cost of some aftermarket ones that will be guaranteed to fit/work properly.

Hit up the classifieds section and do some shopping on the interwebz.

Jazzer
Thank you very much sir, after reading everything you have posted in MF in the last six months. I am sufficiently sure that you "are the man". Far as I'm concerned. Your opinion is invaluable! You told me everything I needed to hear, just as I were thinkin, and exactly what I really didn't want to see. never the less, my wife and I are rebuilding her baby back to new again and the price of NEW , will be worth it. Just had an idea, thanks again!

Last edited by Jazzer The Cat; 01-04-2012 at 07:21 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags