Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Suspension
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-14-2014, 12:21 AM   #1
joe95 gt
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT RTR #75
josephcarman1982
Question lowering question!!

Ok so I bought a 13 GT premium RTR, the previous owner slapped a set of lowering springs on it and that's it. I am pretty sure they are the 1" lowering springs from ford racing. I know I need a panhard bar. with these springs do I need to go all out and get a adj. UCA and LCA relocation brackets to get the pinion angle right or is it safe to stay with the stock stuff. I am not hearing any clunking or driveline noise. Also should I get the camber bolts for the front? Any help would be appreciated.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2013 Mustang GT Premium RTR #075
Recaro leather seats, Brembo brake pkg, 3.73's
joe95 gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:09 AM   #2
robb15033
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1997 Ford Mustang

Usually a set of H&R SS springs and a strut tower mount is a perfect set-up.
LINK: http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-m...unts-555-8135/

robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #3
UPRSharad
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang GT
www.facebook.com/sraldiris

You don't NEED control arms, although I'd recommend them for the improvement in handling and grip. However, I STRONGLY recommend an adjustable panhard bar like this to center your rear end after the drop.

Like us at www.facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:38 AM   #4
SloppyDogStar

Vehicle: 2010, Ford, Mustang V6

What kind of money you wanting to spend? there is always the Watts link. love that item if you got the money I would go with that. http://www.americanmuscle.com/whitel...link-0510.html
Click the image to open in full size.
SloppyDogStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
need4speed
Former Sponsor

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang 5.0
https://www.facebook.com/Need4SpeedMotors https://twitter.com/N4SMotorsports http://instagram.com/need4speedmotorsports#

Hey bro, as long as you dont drop your car by more than an inch and a half or two, the stock setup would handle the lowering springs just fine. One thing you would want to change out is your panhard bar. This is because our mustangs have a three link suspension in the rear, and any time we lower our cars the rear axel would shift about half an inch to the drivers side. But this isint a big issue, an inexpensive adjustable panhard bar would throw it back in alignment.
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:08 PM   #6
fidencio74
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Mustang Billit #4223

Is it better to get coil overs vs springs?
fidencio74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #7
robb15033
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1997 Ford Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidencio74 View Post
Is it better to get coil overs vs springs?
-Coilovers are more modern. They are adjustable for ride height. They are expensive set-ups to purchase. Great for autocross.
-Our Mustangs can have true coilovers in front and shock/spring in rear with adjustable spring perch.
-If truly interested in getting a coilover set as inexpensive as possible, you can choose components individually.
-Lowering Springs can give a truly exceptional ride and improvement in handling.
-If done correctly, it is a huge improvement. If done wrong, it will handle like **** and cost a ton of money to do a second time, possibly having to replace tires too.

robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #8
fidencio74
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Mustang Billit #4223

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033 View Post
-Coilovers are more modern. They are adjustable for ride height. They are expensive set-ups to purchase. Great for autocross.
-Our Mustangs can have true coilovers in front and shock/spring in rear with adjustable spring perch.
-If truly interested in getting a coilover set as inexpensive as possible, you can choose components individually.
-Lowering Springs can give a truly exceptional ride and improvement in handling.
-If done correctly, it is a huge improvement. If done wrong, it will handle like **** and cost a ton of money to do a second time, possibly having to replace tires too.
Thanks!
fidencio74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:52 PM   #9
06whitegt

Vehicle: 06 gt

If you buy an adjustable panhard bar, get the style that adjusts in the middle, no on the ends. Reason is the passenger side mount boxes in the rod end, and it is nearly impossible to tighten the jam nut with the bar in place.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #10
jRaskell
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang GT

My axle shifted less than an 1/8th of an inch with Steeda Ultralights. No clearance issues to speak of, even with 18x10 wheels and 285/35 tires.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:50 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement