Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > SVT Forums
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #21
amp009

Vehicle: 2002 Mustang GT

Thinking about it again. I think the coupe does looks little better but convertible is really fun to cruise around in with your friends.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
amp009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #22
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobble View Post
You think I'm gonna buy a terminator with 15k miles and drive it in the winter either way? I don't understand what your point is. If I got a coupe it would be more suited for cold weather? And this is new england, not antarctica. We have a good solid 100* summer too.
I think his point was that you wouldn't have as many opportunities to put the top down. Not only does cold weather suck for putting the top down, but so does a lot of heat. At that point its kind of a waste to get a vert.

03 Cobra
94 GT - R.I.P. 11/30/08

945LSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #23
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 04 Cobra Convertible

I drive mine with the top down in any temp from about 50 on up (just need a jacket and a hat). It has to get really cold before it's too cold, and there's no such thing as too hot! Dunno what you lightweights are talking about

But yeah, I certainly get more top down weather down here than you will up there, I imagine. But just saying, don't narrow down your window of what is 'top down weather' too much. It varies from person to person, you might be crazy and like it down in 50-degree weather too!
Schmalgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #24
Robobble
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Fiesta
Send a message via ICQ to Robobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by 945LSTANG View Post
I think his point was that you wouldn't have as many opportunities to put the top down. Not only does cold weather suck for putting the top down, but so does a lot of heat. At that point its kind of a waste to get a vert.
LOL, I think i was in a bad mood or something when I read that. Sorry man, IDK why I took offense to that.
Robobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #25
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 96 GT Vert 600rw (Gone)

Congrats
Old 03-27-2011, 02:35 AM   #26
ttoney
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 945LSTANG View Post
That is correct about my point. Just trying to add some perspective. There are tons of people that garage these things at the first sign of weather and they spend half of the year in car prison. I live in a cold weather state but my car comes out for nice days any time I want.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:35 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
03, cobra, convertible, coupe, dsg, silver, trans, weigh