SVT Forums

1st time on the dyno

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Default 1st time on the dyno

Just wanted to share. Went to a dyno day at a car shop here today. Won a Napa floor jack in a raffle, that was pretty cool...

Put the 04 Cobra on the dyno, it pulled 370 rwhp, 353 rwtq. That's about 435/415 at the flywheel. That sounds about right for a stock Terminator, yes? Since they're underrated...

I'm happy, this is hopefully the beginning of the fun times. Phase 1 will be the JLT intake and a catback, then I'll go back to these guys for a dyno tune and see what that gets me. Phase 2 will be a pulley and possibly porting the Eaton. Phase 3 will be whatever I can afford after that...

FYI, it was a dynojet.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

sounds pretty good for stock!! so i think you should combine phase 1 and 2 to save you some money and make it more worth while!! your car will compinsate for the extra air it gets from the intake and exhaust but it can only compinsate so much((so its good to drive on though just wont get as much bang for your buck YET)) then i would do the pulley and port which with a pulley you do need a tune so instead of going back to them twice just go once and save yourself 400 or 500 dollars

love the mystic!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, bud. I didn't know it was a Mysti until I got there, they had it mislabled in the ad. Once I saw it, I had to have it. I have never seen another one in person, and it turns heads everywhere I go, I love that!

As for phase 1 and 2, it's a matter of money of course. I'd have to save up longer to do it all at once, and I don't want to wait that long! But we'll see how things work out...
Old 04-11-2011, 05:23 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

lol ya i dont blame you i woulda done the same thing!! yes they are very rare ive only seen 2 in my life....

ya i understand the whole money situation well what i would do is just do phase 1 like you said but leave out the dyno tune and once you do phase 2 thats when you get the dyno tune if not each time you go to the dyno youll pay round 500 dollars depending on the dyno guy
Old 04-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Congrats!!! ...2.76" BF pulley will wake up the Cobra for sure!!! ...Get a POSI Port!!!!

Actually, the '04 MC Cobra RagTop is the most producted (495 total) ... as far as RagTop's ... My '04 TR RagTop is 1 of 167, BUT 1 of 35 with the Light Graphic interior!!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Timspony
Actually, the '04 MC Cobra RagTop is the most producted (495 total) ... as far as RagTop's ... My '04 TR RagTop is 1 of 167, BUT 1 of 35 with the Light Graphic interior!!
Yeah, the MC was the second most produced color of that year (black had more), but overall for all Terminators and New Edge Cobras in general, it's still fairly rare. 1 in 19 Terminators is Mystichrome, so that's a sizeable percentage, yet I've never seen one before mine. Compare that to black, which accounts for about 4 in 19 of Terminators...

In fact, I've seen both Competition Orange and Screaming Yellow Cobras on the road, and they're even rarer than the MC. From what I've read, many owners don't drive their MCs because they're worried about damaging the paint job and the repair costs. But that's just silly to me...
Old 04-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blackvenom01
ya i understand the whole money situation well what i would do is just do phase 1 like you said but leave out the dyno tune and once you do phase 2 thats when you get the dyno tune if not each time you go to the dyno youll pay round 500 dollars depending on the dyno guy
Ah, gotcha, you're saying save the tune for when it's all done... I've read mixed things on that, about whether you should tune it with a CAI or not. Personally, I want to just because I'd like to see for myself the gains at each step as I build her up...
Old 04-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

...Must be a regional thing, because I know of at least 5 Ragtops & 3 Coupe's in Upstate NY...almost bought a MC RagTop, but the dealer and I could never come to the same number!!

...ended up with the TR
Old 04-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

ya lol if thats all you were doing i would say yes get that tune cause it will make the world of diff with those mods...but i was just lookin at it with the cost saving aspect by waitin and thats only for the intake and exhaust part the pulley and such needs tuned right away!!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:33 PM
scottyb

i have an 04 redfire and im yet to see one in that color around me, chicagoland. i know theres a grey one and ive seen a blue one, but maybe thats because its not the nicest weather yet. but i know the redfires are kinda rare.

nice numbers for stock