HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:56 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default HELP

Brian,

What would it entail to convert to a return style fuel system on the Bucket? I am thinking of switching to a 5 gallon fuel cell to shed a little more weight. THANKS

Mitch
Old 03-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Texas_Hot_Rods
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: HELP

Code,

it's pretty simple. You need a cell, a pump & by pass regulator, and then the lines and fittings. We have a complete Aeromotive kit available that is stainless braided supply & return lines, all fittings, adel clips, and the fuel rails with 2 different pumps available depending on HP/TQ needs. I will try to post up some pricing tomorrow and some pics of the last couple we installed. You will also need to have the car re-tuned with the Fuel Pump Type changed as well as the Fuel Pump Switch changed and depending on the software, SCT, Diablo, etc... you may need to tweak a couple more items like the Purge Canister Bypass setttings as well as the Fuel Pressure Sensor Rail Switch. I can send you the tune from my twin turbo stang just to compare the fuel setting if your tuner needs. (or you can send us the bucket for a THR tune ! )
Old 03-07-2007, 09:47 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: Texas_Hot_Rods

Code,

it's pretty simple. You need a cell, a pump & by pass regulator, and then the lines and fittings. We have a complete Aeromotive kit available that is stainless braided supply & return lines, all fittings, adel clips, and the fuel rails with 2 different pumps available depending on HP/TQ needs. I will try to post up some pricing tomorrow and some pics of the last couple we installed. You will also need to have the car re-tuned with the Fuel Pump Type changed as well as the Fuel Pump Switch changed and depending on the software, SCT, Diablo, etc... you may need to tweak a couple more items like the Purge Canister Bypass setttings as well as the Fuel Pressure Sensor Rail Switch. I can send you the tune from my twin turbo stang just to compare the fuel setting if your tuner needs. (or you can send us the bucket for a THR tune ! )
Brian, I have CPR billet high flow rail now, so would I have to change? Also, you will be tuning the Bucket next time I need a tune.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Texas_Hot_Rods
2nd Gear Member

the only difference off hand might be the fitting they use as think they are NPT rather than AN.