The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

05-2010 mustang vs 04-06 gto

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 08:32 PM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
I would say that is true when comparing the GTO interior to the '05/'09 Mustang but IMO the 2010 interior is better then the GTO's.

Don't forget that the GTO will cost less because it is used. While the Mustang will be brand new and have a full warranty, the GTO will almost for sure be off its warranty. So you will definitely spend more on every day costs with the Goat.
by the time i get my car 2010s may be used no matter what i want a used vehicle in this day in age i dont see the point of getting a brand new car ( since it depreicates so bad ) whatever i get will be certified preowned and checked out by my brother in law and cousin in law ( both mechanics) i refuse to pay full price. I dont see how you are saying that i will sepnd more money in the goat because its off its warrenty i think that is just a genaralization. I have bought several cars used ( except for my 350z) and never had serious mechanical problems with any of them.

Last edited by boomee; 06-14-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Jekyl n Hyde
1st Gear Member

honestly, i know people talk about problems with GTOs, but no one that i know has had any significant issues...that includes me. Bought it new at a great price...I have 60K miles in 2 yrs...50 or 60 trips down the track...no engine, transmission or rear end issues what so ever. Solid car with a great after market on the LS2 (even if the mustang has a bigger aftermarket from sheer volume).

I dont think you would go wrong with either choice of vehicles. mustangs are great cars.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:26 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

I call BS on MustangCats 13.2....

Secondly,

If I were not a Mustang enthusiast, I'd take an LS2 GTO over a '10 GT simply because of price differences.

If you were willing to go used, a 05-09 GT could be had for as low as 16-20K.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:32 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT

Secondly,

If I were not a Mustang enthusiast, I'd take an LS2 GTO over a '10 GT simply because of price differences.

If you were willing to go used, a 05-09 GT could be had for as low as 16-20K.

An 05 GT might even go for less than that now, depending on where you live and where you look.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:25 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by boomee
by the time i get my car 2010s may be used no matter what i want a used vehicle in this day in age i dont see the point of getting a brand new car ( since it depreicates so bad ) whatever i get will be certified preowned and checked out by my brother in law and cousin in law ( both mechanics) i refuse to pay full price. I dont see how you are saying that i will sepnd more money in the goat because its off its warrenty i think that is just a genaralization. I have bought several cars used ( except for my 350z) and never had serious mechanical problems with any of them.

I don't see how you don't see what I'm saying. Obviously its a generalization. You could buy yourself an '87 Ford Taurus and it could have no mechanical problems over the next year and your friend could by a brand new Corolla and it could have a couple problems over those years, but I wouldn't bet on it. A 2010 Mustang will be more reliable then a four to six year old Goat if you are looking at a reasonable sample size.

Either way, many parts that are equipped on vehicles have a limited life. For example; alternator, water pump and clutch will probably give out sooner on a higher mileage GTO then it would on a newer '10 GT.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:27 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
An 05 GT might even go for less than that now, depending on where you live and where you look.
13-14k would not surprise me.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:15 AM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
[/B]
I don't see how you don't see what I'm saying. Obviously its a generalization. You could buy yourself an '87 Ford Taurus and it could have no mechanical problems over the next year and your friend could by a brand new Corolla and it could have a couple problems over those years, but I wouldn't bet on it. A 2010 Mustang will be more reliable then a four to six year old Goat if you are looking at a reasonable sample size.

Either way, many parts that are equipped on vehicles have a limited life. For example; alternator, water pump and clutch will probably give out sooner on a higher mileage GTO then it would on a newer '10 GT.
I guess i need to be clearer myslef i am looking at more of the performance aspects of each car i like the look of the 2010 mor than the 05-09 and i am not buying a car for another year. the other thing that makes your point mute is that even thought the gto might brake down its would be cheaper than the 2010 most ar listed for 15 grand or less less milage are in the early 20s. But I am really focused on the performance of each car not how much one is over the other and this is not gonna be my daily driver i have a fully reliable and very used subaru for that.

Last edited by boomee; 06-17-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

If you are more concerned with performance, and performance only, then you want the GTO. Mod for mod, the GTO will always be faster (handling is argumentative) hands down. Just to be clear, when I say "performance" I'm referring to which car is going to go faster in a straight line. I am excluding braking, handling, road courses, etc.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:48 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by boomee
I guess i need to be clearer myslef i am looking at more of the performance aspects of each car i like the look of the 2010 mor than the 05-09 and i am not buying a car for another year. the other thing that makes your point mute is that even thought the gto might brake down its would be cheaper than the 2010 most ar listed for 15 grand or less less milage are in the early 20s. But I am really focused on the performance of each car not how much one is over the other and this is not gonna be my daily driver i have a fully reliable and very used subaru for that.
If you are only looking at performance than get an LS2 GTO.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:07 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT
^ this

Quick Reply: 05-2010 mustang vs 04-06 gto