The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

I'll see your 5.0 and raise you a 6.4

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:44 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

yeah. so is it a safe bet that for wont be revising the top of the line drive train (gt500) for the mustang? i mean have all the rumors of a 6.blablabla liter BOSS just that?
and yes weight loss would definitely benefit the LX's. that being said increased reliability would also be good.
hell if the camaro and mustang lost a few pounds theyd be a force to be tampered with.
and as far as chevy goes what of the z28? is it still on the back burner?

Last edited by simpsonfan13; 07-06-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
Stone:

GM? These are Fysler cars now. They are Italian.
Lol, I know man. That last bit about GM was directed towards BB's question about how GM will respond to Fysler's 6.4.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:51 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

If I were to pick only 1 ride to have to drive cross country and one that was reliable, tough, automatic and just sheer mass of metal and muscle.. it would have to be the SRT-8 6.4 Hemi Challenger.

Intake/tune, exhaust, torque converter, cam and I am done... rims, rear louvers and yes, flames on the side lulz

I'd even take the appearance package with the big ol hood scoop and "go fast" wing out back!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

sure.. any of the big 3 could duplicate what's been done by bmw or other companies with fewer cubes more horsepower, higher revs.. but there is a reason they charge 100k for one of those cars, it isn't cheap to make. mass production can help but only so much. GM and Ford were trying to cut prices and costs to maintain marketshare, even to take a loss rather than lose share.. for some reason they thought it would be more costly to recover from lost market share.. luckily for Ford they realized they couldn't keep doing that earlier on in the game than GM did.

as far as this engine goes? meh.. for the price range it is in it's closre competition to the GT500 or a corvette.. both of which are still a lot faster.

if this new engine somehow didn't make the car weigh anymore then it will actually be not too bad. R/T being the same means no competition for the 5.0 still. some mags might compare the srt8 to the 5.0 but with nearly 10k more sticker price on it i'm sure it will still be ranked 3rd behind the camaro and mustang gt.. pit the R/T against them so pricing is closer to the same and I think the R/T might take 2nd because of looks and interior comfort.. 5.0 is going to be ranked 1st for awhile.

hey stealth GT.. don't forget about your broken half shafts on stock power if you get your car to hook and with the torque converter/cam typically you'll lose some of the comfortable drivability
and whats the deal with the da corrected time? did you 1/2 your correction factor because boosted cars don't suffer as much?.. i have a formula for your elevation and your PSI to figure out the proper amount to correct by since 1/2 isn't always accurate.

Last edited by Mishri; 07-06-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
If I were to pick only 1 ride to have to drive cross country and one that was reliable, tough, automatic and just sheer mass of metal and muscle.. it would have to be the SRT-8 6.4 Hemi Challenger.

Intake/tune, exhaust, torque converter, cam and I am done... rims, rear louvers and yes, flames on the side lulz

I'd even take the appearance package with the big ol hood scoop and "go fast" wing out back!
I'd have to go for the Charger SRT-8. IMO, they look better (proportional wise). For a sedan, they are about the right size. The Challenger however just looks entirely to big for a coupe. Can't go wrong with either one though!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

mmm i'd have to say you are crazy stone.. challenger looks awesome and like an old muscle car should.. ofcourse.. you did sell your s197 for a cobalt so we all know you are crazy and have not concept of looks
Old 07-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Lmao at Mishri.... What man, no love for the SS, lol?

I'll admit I miss staring at that S197. I'm having some serious withdrawal. I even test drove an old 02 Z28 today just to get a fix.

Idk man, the SRT- Chargers are pretty badass. The Jeeps are by far my favorite out of all of them. The Chally is gorgeous, but the sheer size of that thing ruins it for me.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

yeah i just like giving you a hard time about it.. ss/sc is a decent car (and I know you did it for good reason)
Old 07-06-2010, 03:26 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Stone629
Lmao at Mishri.... What man, no love for the SS, lol?

I'll admit I miss staring at that S197. I'm having some serious withdrawal. I even test drove an old 02 Z28 today just to get a fix.

Idk man, the SRT- Chargers are pretty badass. The Jeeps are by far my favorite out of all of them. The Chally is gorgeous, but the sheer size of that thing ruins it for me.
i concur...love the chargers, JEEP SRT8 is the suv KING and the chally is the pile of **** in the corner that for some reason smells like strawberry, so it's interesting.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

so.. im confused about what makes the charger a better car.. other than it being a sedan instead of a coupe. You guys thinking about loading/unloading kids or something else equally uncool when considering a muscle car purchase?

Quick Reply: I'll see your 5.0 and raise you a 6.4