The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!
View Poll Results: Do you think a 3V GT with Bolt-ons is a "Close" race to a Pullied Terminator?
Yes. Shoot yourself
10.00%
No. You are a smart person.
90.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Terminator Vs. 3V GT (Serious Voting Only)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Big50
2nd Gear Member

After spending time at the track with two pullied cobra's with just a tune putting down around 450 whp and 475 whp, there is no way a bolton s197 would hang. Both of them pull basement 12's with an occasional 11.9x. Before my motor blew and i was making 442 whp we were pretty evenly mached. Maybe close out of the whole but after that it's curtains.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

geez what's the big issue,

a bolt on GT can get into the high 11s with a lot of weight reduction

a pullied, tuned, exhausted cobra can run mid 11s full weight

a blown GT is a close run to a Termi... how do I know... I've raced them.... look at the race section thread of mine....

in general a pullied and tuned cobra will beat a bolt on GT

/thread and stupidity......
Old 08-31-2010, 06:51 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
geez what's the big issue,

a bolt on GT can get into the high 11s with a lot of weight reduction

a pullied, tuned, exhausted cobra can run mid 11s full weight - What happens if the Cobra has a lot of weight reduction? Can you say....10's?
:P

a blown GT is a close run to a Termi... how do I know... I've raced them.... look at the race section thread of mine....

in general a pullied and tuned cobra will beat a bolt on GT

/thread and stupidity......
Thank you! Now, only if these Arrogant GT guys would STFU. There is a reason why a Cobra is a higher end model. I.E C6, C6Z, GT, GT500, etc..

Obviously a Blown GT is a driver's race for a Pullied Cobra depending on the setup. However, once you start talking aftermarket blower for the Cobra, more boost, etc. It's way over for the GT, unless you have deep pockets (In my society of living in Chicago that has a lot of politics, the highest sales tax in the US.) The average Joe doesn't have 4K+ to drop on a new motor, then another 2K to build his transmission, and beef up the rear end, etc.

Last edited by Grabber; 08-31-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:18 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

so again what you are trying to say is it depends on what mods the car has? what a novel idea...
Old 08-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
so again what you are trying to say is it depends on what mods the car has? what a novel idea...
LOL You really don't get it...

Stock for Stock, Cobra will rape the GT.

Stock vs Bolt-on, comparing the average GT and Cobra driving around, the Cobra will win.

Stock vs Cammed/Bolt-on GT - Drivers race.

Pullied Cobra vs. Stock GT - Pretty Obvious

Pullied vs Bolt-on GT - Still Obvious

Pullied vs Cammed/Bolt-on GT comparing the average, not worlds best times, Cobra wins

Pullied vs Blown GT - Drivers race, as StkJock said.

Pullied/Ported Vs Blown Edge to the Cobra.

TS/Turbo Cobra vs Blown GT Cobra wins, unless the GT can support 600+ RWHP On Stock Internals to match the TS/Turbo Cobra.

See my point?

The cobra is better from the factory, and still better until you start dumping tons of money into the GT to match the power levels, internals, supporting mods, etc.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

So what do I have to do to get you to come out next year with a new car and race over here? You drove 150 miles right? If I talk enough smack will that be enough to get you to drive 2000?
Old 08-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
So what do I have to do to get you to come out next year with a new car and race over here? You drove 150 miles right? If I talk enough smack will that be enough to get you to drive 2000?
LOL

I'd probably just come out and fly down to hang and drink.

A lot of people don't know what a certain car runs outside of their own state.

So, in Wyoming, a Pullied Cobra could run 12.5's all day, and most people will think that is the norm, and that one run will set the standard for all Pullied Cobra's. There are better drivers, different states, etc.

Look outside the box, and for those trapped in their shells, and say a car is slow, and have not ever driven, or been in one, you are pretty retarded friend...
Old 08-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Oh yah it's all relative. Supercharged cars suffer less up here than a naturally aspirated car does. Only cobra I've seen run at our drag strip managed a 13.0 ET with a 2.0 60'. There is another guy in town with a sonic blue and a whipple. He got a 11.9 ET but I don't know what his 60' was.

I agree with your remarks about what x car runs outside of the box you live in. It does work both ways. People need to maintain a little perspective.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
Oh yah it's all relative. Supercharged cars suffer less up here than a naturally aspirated car does. Only cobra I've seen run at our drag strip managed a 13.0 ET with a 2.0 60'. There is another guy in town with a sonic blue and a whipple. He got a 11.9 ET but I don't know what his 60' was.

I agree with your remarks about what x car runs outside of the box you live in. It does work both ways. People need to maintain a little perspective.
Exactly!

Kinda like saying, I see H/C 3Vs up here run 13's. Does that mean that is the norm, or the best it can do? No.

I've also seen the new 2011 V6 run high 14's. Is that the norm? No. They are good for high 13's with decent driving.

I've also seen Stock Cobra's run 14's and 15's. That is far from the norm, and obviously those types of cars driven that far out of what the average is are absolutely horrible drivers that cannot pull their head out of their asses and still get confused by the brake and clutch.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:44 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I never had the chance to drive a termi and I would love to. I love the cobra, but with that said. I still think its a money game. I think a twin screw GT can have a similar tq curve to a cobra and chevykill has all ready proven that s197 GT can be fast! really really fast.

Bottom line, it's a money game. The Cobra transmission and motor can also only hold so much power also(more then the GT, but still it has a limit).

Quick Reply: Poll: Terminator Vs. 3V GT (Serious Voting Only)