The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!
View Poll Results: Do you think a 3V GT with Bolt-ons is a "Close" race to a Pullied Terminator?
Yes. Shoot yourself
10.00%
No. You are a smart person.
90.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Terminator Vs. 3V GT (Serious Voting Only)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I voted no. But. I think a full bolt on could be a drivers race with a stock termi. pulley+tune takes a 370whp termi up to 450whp? I didn't realize it was so easy.. I should have bought a termi...

oh wait. then my car would look like crap Might as well have just bought a 9 sec fox body.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:56 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

This little gem of a battle is still making the rounds??? Wonder how bolton3valve voted?

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 08-27-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:58 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

lol

I was close with a stock Terminator at the track....first through second, then through third they started leaving me. I had also gotten the jump and a better 60 ft time...well, at least the jump. I think they might have had a similar short time.

Though its interesting that some people can run what a stock Terminator does with less power, but they must be using sticky tires.

...but a pullied Terminator? LoL

How do those s197>all guys explain the power differences? If one car has a much higher power/weight ratio than the other, why shouldn't it win?
Old 08-27-2010, 11:21 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Grabber
Are you being sarcastic, or are you looking for a fight?

If you do not like the poll, don't vote. If you cannot respect the wishes of someone else's thread, not your own, then you are a moron, and don't belong here.

How about the next time you start a thread/poll, I'll be the ******* that I am, and post useless and go against you what you nicely asked for, and see how you like.

Since you are obviously new, you do not know that on a felllow site, there are stupid people that actually believe a bolt on GT is a match for a stock and pullied Cobra.
Seriously you are asking a question of which car is faster when one has 100+ more hp. I was about to start a thread asking whether a 91 civic could be a viper, but I thought that would be in bad taste.

What are you trying to prove exactly? It looks like you were trying to find a fight with an s197 guy.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

gears and tires can make a difference. not that much of one though. now against a stock termi, 360-370whp vs an s197 with full bolt ons (people have dyno'd up to 330whp with just bolt ons and 355whp with cams) with 4.10s ..it's very possible to be keeping up with a termi.. all through the 1/4 mile.

People act like the 3v is soo much worse than the 4v but it's not.. compare it to the older 4v n/a cobras.. I don't believe they have siginificantly better hp numbers than the 3v.. aren't they fairly close? 10psi s/c 4valve 450-500whp? i've seen people on the 3v making up to 500whp on 10psi.. (with blower cams/headers.. etc) I'd say the only real advantage the termi has besides cost is the forged internals.. and the IRS and wheel hop issues are known.. one guy I was talking to that owns 2 termi's says one had wheel hop and his other one didn't... so i guess it's luck if you have it or not..

Last edited by Mishri; 08-27-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
But. I think a full bolt on could be a drivers race with a stock termi. pulley+tune takes a 370whp termi up to 450whp? I didn't realize it was so easy.. I should have bought a termi...
A 320-340whp s197 might be a driver's race against the stock terminator especially if the s197 has gearing and traction in it's favor. And yep it's that easy to make the powah with those cars. Been about an inch from selling my car a few times over the last year or so just because of that. Done with that now though.
Might as well have just bought a 9 sec fox body.
Probably going to be cheaper to make them into a purpose built drag car than either the cobra or the s197.
Originally Posted by 99GTvert
lol
How do those s197>all guys explain the power differences? If one car has a much higher power/weight ratio than the other, why shouldn't it win?
Traction/gearing?
Old 08-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
Seriously you are asking a question of which car is faster when one has 100+ more hp. I was about to start a thread asking whether a 91 civic could be a viper, but I thought that would be in bad taste.

What are you trying to prove exactly? It looks like you were trying to find a fight with an s197 guy.
Yeah, you are obviously new....

I OWN A 2007 GT WITH A VORTECH S/C ON IT (Well, I did own it, G/F owns it, but, I still own it). I KNOW THE OUTCOME. I WAS LOOKING FOR RESULTS HERE, SO I COULD POST OVER THERE AND SEE WHAT THE RESPONSES ARE. I've been here and on other sites for over 3+ years. I don't go looking for fights, or make stupid remarks like you just did.

So, if you do not ****ing like what I or anyone else posts, then **** off. What may be stupid to you, may not be stupid to others. Likewise if I thought something you posted was stupid, but you didn't think so.

Cwutididthar?

Also, a 91 Civic vs. a viper is in no way relevant, and you are a ****ing idiot.

I am comparing somewhat similar cars (not one that has 100HP, and another that has 500-600HP) See my point?
Old 08-27-2010, 11:36 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by Riptide
shdhggjgfjsgsfkhgljhsge465634
Probably going to be cheaper to make them into a purpose built drag car than either the cobra or the s197.
Traction/gearing?
I know that tires and gearing can make up for having less power, but that's only for so much....

Anyway, bickering about stock vs modded is lame. I only brought it up because of my experience against one at the track, because I can see how some people think they could keep up with one.

s197's are gay lol
Old 08-27-2010, 11:38 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz

I would vote yes a 91 civic "COULD" beat a viper.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:39 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Why waist your time arguing with idiots.

Quick Reply: Poll: Terminator Vs. 3V GT (Serious Voting Only)