The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

2002 T/A what will she do ya think??

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 04:38 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
Whatever happened between now and then in the way people think is beyond me, it's almost like people are looking back at it and feeling sorry for it "Aww look at it... let's overestimate it and make it feel better" xD

If we are going by the completely idiotic way of looking at things as in "if it's been done, that is what the cars run"

well then lets recap this thread...

ALL full bolt on new edge GT's are 12.7 cars

ALL cam only full bolt on GT's are very low 12 second cars

ALL H/C/I full bolt on GT's are 10.8 cars

ALL stock Z06's are 10.9 cars

ALL stock LS1 F-bodies are 12.8 cars

ALL stock LS2 auto GTO's are 12.5 second cars...unless you are gay

ALL stock torque monsters are 13 second cars

ALL lincoln LS's are 13.9 cars

I could go on.... but you get the idea... the cars that run these times are not what the model as a whole runs... it's an EXCEPTION

/end discussion
+1! Saying its not impossible for a bolt on 2v to hit 12's certainly means saying they are all 12 second cars and all that other bull**** in your post, including feeling 'sorry' for a car.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
+1! Saying its not impossible for a bolt on 2v to hit 12's certainly means saying they are all 12 second cars and all that other bull**** in your post, including feeling 'sorry' for a car.
hey

I mean if you are stupid enough for even mentioning that they run 12's PERIOD (not that "some have", that they are strictly 12 second cars PERIOD) then you have to be dense enough for me to have to walk you through just how asinine you sound, because that is what this started as

and I'm ALWAYS up to the task of showing idiots just how retarded they sound, especially when they get "self righteous know it all" like our late friend Mr. Bolton

this is an overplayed joke of a discussion... it is seriously so freaking dumb the stupidity of it disgusts me

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 10-24-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:47 AM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Last edited by 98LS1; 10-24-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:06 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

if i had slicks i coulda got an 8.1 or 8.2..which is about 12.7-12.8....

Last edited by boduke0220; 10-24-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:27 AM
carguygt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by boduke0220

are you friends with bolton? lol jk...
Old 10-24-2010, 02:41 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

WAIT A MINUTE:

BOLTON IS PERMABANNED?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 10-24-2010, 03:08 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by 98LS1

FACE!!

Originally Posted by boduke0220

Originally Posted by carguygt
are you friends with bolton? lol jk...

Well ****, he must be, seeing as he thinks his bolton (?) 2V car can actually hit high 12's with the addition of slicks, despite Morbid saying that basically one in a million would actually do the feat!!!!!!

In actuality, boduke's car is HCI + a 100 shot, so it should actually do about a 12.7 according to Morbid.... or if you are feeling sorry for the car, a 12.5
Old 10-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I want to see how Boduke's car does between the 1/8th mile and the 1/4 mile mark. I know 2Vs have enough torque to do decent in the 1/8th, but.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Well ****, he must be, seeing as he thinks his bolton (?) 2V car can actually hit high 12's with the addition of slicks, despite Morbid saying that basically one in a million would actually do the feat!!!!!!

In actuality, boduke's car is HCI + a 100 shot, so it should actually do about a 12.7 according to Morbid.... or if you are feeling sorry for the car, a 12.5
perhaps if you keep reading things into my posts you can achieve runner up with chief BS'er status of this thread

just because a few hit 12's does not make a bolt on 2V a 12 second car... to even say a bolt on 2V is a 12 second car shows your stupidity... about as much stupidity as saying an HCI 2V is a 10 second car

a "cam only" 2V will be lucky to hit 12's... although high 12's are very believable with the right setup, I'd eve say high 12's would be an average for a cam only, full bolt on 2V

due to head flow on the crap SOHC designed PI modular engines "H/C/I" won't really see much more gains than cam only... so I find it kind of hilarious heads and intake make a 2 second jump in 1/4 mile times straight up magically

a bolt on/gear GT is a mid 13 second car on average... with good drivers and a proper setup for traction hitting low 13's

and that is all she wrote... I'm awfully sorry if that upsets you but that is the way it is and the times are widely accepted by the mass majority of people that know about the platform

I want to see how Boduke's car does between the 1/8th mile and the 1/4 mile mark. I know 2Vs have enough torque to do decent in the 1/8th, but.
+1 Stone... +1

back onto the 2V thing... I'll approach the discussion in a different light to try and show the stupidity of said claims as an average on what the platform "IS"

full bolt on's on a 2V PI modular will see a gain of 35-40RWHP on average... this is with LT's

stock the cars are 14 second flat cars call it for sake of keeping it simple...

35-40RWHP = 1.1-1.3 second shred in the 1/4 mile on a 3,250lbs platform without a driver?

what am I missing here? and again... what happened in these 3-4 years that the 2V modular magically became a boss monster earthquake machine with such potential? Back when I owned one even I knew it was a hopeless platform without F/I

this is no offense to you 99... my main problem and definition of "stupidity" is bolton... or I guess you could say his legacy now that he's sprinkled his mentally handicapped pixie dust on this thread

I really have no problem with a 2V modular... I just hate when people get off on saying something it isn't... by all means mod a 2V... but do it correctly, boost or nitrous, the compression ratio is ripe for it and the engine responds horrible to bolt on's per money invested... save your money otherwise

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 10-24-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:12 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
perhaps if you keep reading things into my posts you can achieve runner up with chief BS'er status of this thread

just because a few hit 12's does not make a bolt on 2V a 12 second car... to even say a bolt on 2V is a 12 second car shows your stupidity... about as much stupidity as saying an HCI 2V is a 10 second car

a "cam only" 2V will be lucky to hit 12's... although high 12's are very believable with the right setup, I'd eve say high 12's would be an average for a cam only, full bolt on 2V

due to head flow on the crap SOHC designed PI modular engines "H/C/I" won't really see much more gains than cam only... so I find it kind of hilarious heads and intake make a 2 second jump in 1/4 mile times straight up magically

a bolt on/gear GT is a mid 13 second car on average... with good drivers and a proper setup for traction hitting low 13's

and that is all she wrote... I'm awfully sorry if that upsets you but that is the way it is and the times are widely accepted by the mass majority of people that know about the platform

+1 Stone... +1

back onto the 2V thing... I'll approach the discussion in a different light to try and show the stupidity of said claims as an average on what the platform "IS"

full bolt on's on a 2V PI modular will see a gain of 35-40RWHP on average... this is with LT's

stock the cars are 14 second flat cars call it for sake of keeping it simple...

35-40RWHP = 1.1-1.3 second shred in the 1/4 mile on a 3,250lbs platform without a driver?

what am I missing here? and again... what happened in these 3-4 years that the 2V modular magically became a boss monster earthquake machine with such potential? Back when I owned one even I knew it was a hopeless platform without F/I

this is no offense to you 99... my main problem and definition of "stupidity" is bolton... or I guess you could say his legacy now that he's sprinkled his mentally handicapped pixie dust on this thread

I really have no problem with a 2V modular... I just hate when people get off on saying something it isn't... by all means mod a 2V... but do it correctly, boost or nitrous, the compression ratio is ripe for it and the engine responds horrible to bolt on's per money invested... save your money otherwise

First, I'm not mad.

Second, the bold is obviously (I'm trolling you so hard nao, btw) because everyone except you feels sorry for the car.

FWIW, you are telling me a lot of things that I already know. My car runs mid 13's...which is about average for a full bolt on/gear'd 2V, which was mentioned already, indeed.

But some cars have run faster (and slower) with less (or more) mods...which seems ridiculous....I don't exactly enjoy it when I read about some toolbox running faster than me with less mods, but that's just the way it is when everybody isn't running at the same track on the same day with the same conditions and same driver skill.

You should check one thing though, underlined: I could be wrong but I don't think I ever seriously straight up said a bolt on 2V is a 12 second car (and I am assuming you thought I did, hence why you would quote me). Did you really think I thought a HCI 2V is a 10 second machine, as well? Or that a bolt on 2V is certainly a solid 12 second car, despite me not quite accomplishing the feat myself? People have done it, so it isn't impossible, but I think its better to go by what's average versus the absolute best time ever spawn & label it as the absolute standard (which is somewhat parallel to what you already mentioned, also).

Third, don't say 'no offense' with something like 'your stupidity' in the same post. That doesn't make anything any better, sorry. If you are going to insult someone, just leave it be without the 'no offense' nonsense, or just re-word the statement entirely (this isn't facetoface communication, you can edit your first thoughts before you hit 'submit').

Quick Reply: 2002 T/A what will she do ya think??