The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Helmet and Hans, Seat and harness questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 01:18 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Default Helmet and Hans, Seat and harness questions

Since lately I've decided I'd like to keep my head attached to my neck I've been looking into a helmet and HANS combo, so I'd appreciate it if someone who has a HANS device can recommend one. I wish someone would just sell the whole setup: helmet, HANS, posts, harness, etc. But apparently you have to mix and match, and since I'm not in the US, I can't simply walk into a store and try them on.

Since my car is a daily driver, I'd like to keep the reclinable seats. I've been looking into Corbeau, but they have so many options. Which model fits the S197 the best? I'm 6' tall, 200 pounds, 36" waist. My car has no seat airbags so that makes things easier.

As far as the harness goes I was looking at this one but I have no idea if it will work with the HANS device: https://lmr.com/item/CS-HB0509K/Must...ss-And-Bar-Kit

Sorry for all the questions, but as I've said before, not living in the States makes buying right the first time critical.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:59 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

That will work with a Hans device as long as the belts can be routed thru the top of your seat, as in a competition style seat, in order to keep the belts over the shoulders. The biggest mistake people make with 4 and 5 point harness belts is they don't route the belts thru the head rest if using a stock seat. Go to discoveryparts.com and you can get every thing in one stop shopping.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:38 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Give these guys a call. They are safety experts and extremely friendly. Corbeau seats are garbage. Get Sparco, Cobra, OMP, etc. Not Corbeau. TeamDI can help you with seats too.

http://www.teamdi.com/