V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Finally dving in - Manual Swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 04:09 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Default Finally dving in - Manual Swap

I've been wanting to do this for a while, patiently waiting until I could score a donor car for the right price. Now I have one. I picked up a 99 V6 5spd for dirt cheap. It's a Cali car, plus mine also has traction control, so I'll be using my PCM and getting it flashed. I'm no stranger to transmission work and automotive work overall. I've stabbed a few T5s in fox bodies over the years as well. I'll be changing everything over from the donor as needed, no rush as it's not my daily. Nice thing is there are a lot of good parts on it that are worn on mine, interior bits especially.

What I'm looking for is any tips or pointers that have not been covered in the myriad of unfinished and abandoned threads and guides on these and other boards. I've read all of the "trade it in, buy another car" replies before. You all in that crowd can stay away, no interest there.

One specific question for those of you that had the PCM flash done. Was there a specific request that had to be made of the service writer? Some of the ones at the two local dealerships here are not all that bright.

Thanks All.