V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

have you been pulled over lately?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 11:10 AM
torchred02
3rd Gear Member

i mite have ran from the cops the other night... lol
i was driving home from work on this straight 10 mile stretch of highway.
i was in a hurry because i was going out twith my girlfriend that nite so i was oushin maybe 100mph.. all of a sudden my friend who was about half a mile text me saying theres a cop coming our way!

at that same time i look in my rearview mirror and see flashing lights about a mile or two back and my insides just melted.
i wasjust entering a small town so for some reason i decide i should try and loose him! i make a right and drive through town making random turns and take a different way home.

now i never saw any police car pass me up, idk if he was really following me because they usually catch up first then turn the lights on, but i wasnt going to risk getting a ticket, so my inner baddass took over. it was a scary night.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:39 PM
fearthisinc
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by torchred02
i mite have ran from the cops the other night... lol
i was driving home from work on this straight 10 mile stretch of highway.
i was in a hurry because i was going out twith my girlfriend that nite so i was oushin maybe 100mph.. all of a sudden my friend who was about half a mile text me saying theres a cop coming our way!

at that same time i look in my rearview mirror and see flashing lights about a mile or two back and my insides just melted.
i wasjust entering a small town so for some reason i decide i should try and loose him! i make a right and drive through town making random turns and take a different way home.

now i never saw any police car pass me up, idk if he was really following me because they usually catch up first then turn the lights on, but i wasnt going to risk getting a ticket, so my inner baddass took over. it was a scary night.
Chances are he wasnt going after you.. When on a highway 99% of the time cops keep the lights off because they try to speed up to get you being that most times they are at a dead stop on the side of the road.. It would also depend if it was busy as far as traffic or pretty much clear traffic.. IF it is very busy then a cop may throw his lights on to get you that way if he gets into an accident he is covered.. But no one will ever really knoow.. word of advice that a lot of people forget.. Your car can have 800+ rwhp... It can go from 0-60 in 3 seconds flat.. But it will never be as fast as a radio wave... People always are thinking I can run.. They wont find me.. Well if you run from me I notify my dispatch.. They in turn pass out all vehicle info to every town within a 10 mile radius and also notify state police which have use of helicopters and all that good stuff.. I mean dont get me wrong.. They arnt going to get the heli going just for someone speeding but if they are in the area they will assist.. Lastly always remember that there is ALWAYS someone watching.. IF you get away and a cop really wants to make sure you get nailed he can drive the same route you did and just look for any store with a camera to get your license plate if he didnt already get it when he first saw your car.. Once we have the license plate there really is no need to follow you and endanger lives.. We just mail tickets and issue warrant if necessary.. So all in all... Just be careful...
Old 03-10-2010, 05:12 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fearthisinc
Chances are he wasnt going after you.. When on a highway 99% of the time cops keep the lights off because they try to speed up to get you being that most times they are at a dead stop on the side of the road.. It would also depend if it was busy as far as traffic or pretty much clear traffic.. IF it is very busy then a cop may throw his lights on to get you that way if he gets into an accident he is covered.. But no one will ever really knoow.. word of advice that a lot of people forget.. Your car can have 800+ rwhp... It can go from 0-60 in 3 seconds flat.. But it will never be as fast as a radio wave... People always are thinking I can run.. They wont find me.. Well if you run from me I notify my dispatch.. They in turn pass out all vehicle info to every town within a 10 mile radius and also notify state police which have use of helicopters and all that good stuff.. I mean dont get me wrong.. They arnt going to get the heli going just for someone speeding but if they are in the area they will assist.. Lastly always remember that there is ALWAYS someone watching.. IF you get away and a cop really wants to make sure you get nailed he can drive the same route you did and just look for any store with a camera to get your license plate if he didnt already get it when he first saw your car.. Once we have the license plate there really is no need to follow you and endanger lives.. We just mail tickets and issue warrant if necessary.. So all in all... Just be careful...
I can tell you from experience, I've ditched a few cops in my day, but not lately(late 90's when computers were just breaking out strong), it's too tough with this being the Communication Era. You can't run from the radio and the infrared the helicopters have nowadays will get you every time. Back on track here, the first time I ever smashed on a cop was when I was doing a massive burn out(showing off like normal, stupid I know, damn brake stands) in a 69 Cougar I used to own. I let off the brake and kept going, low and behold there's a cop coming the opposite direction and saw the tail end of it. I don't know what went throw my adolescent skull, but I just kept going without hesitation. I bent the corner sideways, hit the alley, ran over a few tires left in the alley, shut off my lights, crept around the corner and saw him pass buy. I parked my **** and got my *** in my house QUICKLY. True story, and I don't recommend doing this, I was ignorant with no respect for anyone, including myself. The truth is, if you don't get away within a minute or two, it's over, quit running and do yourself a favor and pull over. I only got away because technology was absent from the equation, and I knew the area like the back of my hand. I am in no way shape or form glorifying running from cops, with that being said, it does happen on occasion. How do you like them Apples FearThisInc? Just kidding Fear, you actually text like a stand up guy, much respect SIR.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:36 PM
torchred02
3rd Gear Member

yea i woulda never even of tried it if the cop was closer.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:09 AM
neo8222
4th Gear Member

yeah there are some times when you can run and get away but at this point it's hard to find points like that. i won't lie I've done it before and got away but i wasn't "in my right mind" at the time i guess you could call it. the one woman i really cared about basically impaled a steel spike into my heart. so i got into my car and just drove and drove and drove doing about 100 or so down some rural roads. saw a cop didn't care, punched it and pushed it as high as i could go. blasted past the cop and i saw him switch the lights, but at this point i had enough speed that i just straight out ran him. so yeah there are times when it can be done, is it safe? no, but in this world what is? might as well live a lil. can it be done EVERY time? nope but sometimes in the right times you can
Old 04-09-2010, 01:12 AM
torchred02
3rd Gear Member

i got pulled over today. going 60 in a 45. plus i got a fix-it ticket for my tinted taillights. GAAAAY
Old 04-09-2010, 12:41 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

I've gotten pulled over like 8 times and never ticketed. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I always instantly stop and hit them with "yes sir, yes i know... well to be honest with you"

And they always write me warnings. I was going like 105 one day on a two lane highway outside my home town and a cop came up from the other direction I thought about running since it was a straight road for about 4 miles and there were like 30 pastures and exits i could have ducked off into but I pulled right over and still got a warning. (should have went to jail for that)
Old 04-09-2010, 12:47 PM
MythEyeLess
3rd Gear Member

i say register in another state and be like "hey i don't even live here..." (idk if it will work but sounds like a brilliant idea)
Old 04-12-2010, 02:56 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Last weekend I picked up another Silver Sixxer, a 2000 in this case so Me and April went out cruising - Me in my 01' and her in the 00'

Well we were over by my work and I had some trash from the trip to get the car I needed to throw away in our Dumpster. Well there was a cop at the entrance in a parking lot with his lights off, when we went by he flashed his headlights and then turned them off.

Welp we pull in next to the dumpster and who comes driving up our private road? The cop with his lights off going at a snails pace.

So I whip out my ID badge and slide it in our doors security scanner and open the locked doors up so he knows I work there.

He turns right around and goes back to his spot in the parking lot.

He did his job perfectly imo and I am glad to have him there watching over our lot when he has a chance to.

We have had quite a few break in's in the past and even a new truck stolen so its great to see them coming by more often.

heh, I bet you guys thought I was going to complain.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:08 PM
mustanglover37
1st Gear Member

About a month ago got pulled over for headlight tint but the stupid cop did not even relize that it is not tint. He gave me a fix it ticket but I challanged it and am allowed to keep them. Dumb PA cops.

Quick Reply: have you been pulled over lately?