Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs > V6 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 01-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Vehicle: 66 94 11
Send a message via AIM to 28HopUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectresto83 View Post
The first thing you need to do since you want to stay with a 4 lug setup is to upgrade to 87-93 5.0 spindles, master cylinder, and brake booster.....
This earlier suggestion is still a good idea. The original 10" front disc brakes are barely adequate, but going to 87-93 5.0L stock front brakes will be a big improvement for you. It won't stop like your Cobra, but it will certainly stop better than stock.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
28HopUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #12
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004 Mustang GT

Yeah, that would allow me to keep the 4-lugs, wouldn't it? I just dropped money into new calipers, but it wasn't much. Will my flex lines fit the newer calipers? How big are the stock 87-93 fronts?

Too many mods to list, but if it's from Steeda, it's either on or waiting to go on.
04BlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Vehicle: 66 94 11
Send a message via AIM to 28HopUp

I cannot say with certainty that the flex lines will work if you install stock 11" front brakes from a 87-93 5.0L (yes, they are 4-jug).
Old 01-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #14
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Vehicle: 83 GLX, 93 LX, 98 sixer

No, they are not the same as the 87+ 5.0....front or rears..... they are however the same for the 87+ 4 cylinders but again that doesn't help you in your situation...
projectresto83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:38 AM   #15
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

UPDATE!

She's up on jack stands in the garage as I continue to rebuild the underside. The rear suspension is done. I have installed control arms and rear sway bar from a 2004 with all rubber replaced with polyurethane. I also replaced the shocks and springs.

The front suspension is completely off the car. I have poly bushings for the front along with new struts and springs, and new i/o tie rods and bellows for the rack. I'm replacing the rotors and pads while I'm at it.

I did change the MC. I removed the pistons from the old one and they looked horrible. I suspect that the brakes will perform much better now.

I hope the have the front end back together in the next 10 days and test everything. I planned to put the front sway bar from a 2004 on it, but that will not work. The stock one will remain and is enough for what it is, anyway.

After 29 years, it's amazing how frozen the bolts were, lol.

Too many mods to list, but if it's from Steeda, it's either on or waiting to go on.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #16
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

Okay, since my last update, the motor let go. So, I've had the machine work done and purchased new parts to rebuild.

Here's my question: On the connecting rods, there is an oiling port on one side of the rod. Which way does it face, up or down? I'm getting conflicting data on this one so I need help from you all.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:13 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1983, 35, 50, 8793, calipers, ford, front, gl, installing, lug, motor, mustang, mustangs, rotors, specs, upgrades