Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bulb replacement for HID look... Help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 03:33 AM
TRMustang07
1st Gear Member

Default Bulb replacement for HID look... Help please

im considering buying regular headlight and foglight bulbs and replacing them with maybe a pure blue or ultra white from luminics.im thinking of making the headlights the ultra white and the fglights a pure blue? how would that look or should i go with one straight light scheme?
Also how hard would it be to replace the bulbs, i heard u have to take the whole pony package grill out?
sorry for the questions
thanks for the help
Old 04-03-2008, 02:44 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Bulb replacement for HID look... Help please

ORIGINAL: TRMustang07

im considering buying regular headlight and foglight bulbs and replacing them with maybe a pure blue or ultra white from luminics.im thinking of making the headlights the ultra white and the fglights a pure blue? how would that look or should i go with one straight light scheme?
Also how hard would it be to replace the bulbs, i heard u have to take the whole pony package grill out?
sorry for the questions
thanks for the help
Have you considered going with an actualHID setup? Thats probably your best bet, I have the Luminics titanium white and although it looks closer to HID than anything else, it's not as bright as you would find on an actual HID setup. However you do use the luminics, I would go for a straight ultra white. It isnt hard at all installing these, as for the grill I'm not too sure..... Good luck!
Old 04-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

ive got the luminics ultra whites; very happy with them. the blue ones are very blue, i'd go with the white ones.

the fogs are a bit of a hassle. i popped the grill out when i replaced them. if you need help i can walk you through it but its not really that hard.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:59 PM
jwilhelm
2nd Gear Member

Travis, DON'T WASTE YOU TIME OR MONEY ON THESE EXPENSIVE BULBS! I did, and went through I don't know how many sets before I woke up and realize what a waste it was. WHY? The Mustang electrical system does not deliver consistent and same voltage to both front headlights. I kept burning out I believe the driver's side every time I put in a new set of $40 bulbs. The filaments in these "bluish/white bulbs can't handle the Mustang's inconsistent voltage. I ended up going with Sylvania's Starlight bulbs or whatever the hell they're called, those new super duty really bright suckers. I've had a pair of these in the car now for well over six months and they're still burning like hell - what reliability. Really, avoid those HID imitations. Take care, Jack.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:01 PM
TRMustang07
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Devil Wolf

ive got the luminics ultra whites; very happy with them. the blue ones are very blue, i'd go with the white ones.

the fogs are a bit of a hassle. i popped the grill out when i replaced them. if you need help i can walk you through it but its not really that hard.
Yes could you please give me step by step through removing the Pony package grill thanx alot
Old 04-03-2008, 09:06 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

You deffineatly dont want luminics blue headlight bulbs. You cant see **** wiht them. Its about the same as no headlights.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:49 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4.0 Stang

You deffineatly dont want luminics blue headlight bulbs. You cant see **** wiht them. Its about the same as no headlights.
From stock I went to the Sylvania Silverstars and well... to me it was no different AT ALL then the stock bulbs. With the Luminics, there was more of a difference to me. I HATED the Silverstars[:@]
Old 04-04-2008, 04:13 PM
kdrshocker
2nd Gear Member

guys, just go to a HID setup. the purpose of fog lights is to cut thru fog. yellow bulbs are better for this.
you can buy a hid kit off of ebay for cheap. mine is still going strong and is almost my fav mod so far.

i did a write up of the kit which myself and several others bought.
https://mustangforums.com/m_4236581/tm.htm
Old 04-05-2008, 11:30 AM
outastockjohn
2nd Gear Member

i put the sylvania'sin when i changed to the center foglight grill, and you could almost drive at night with just those on, they are just as bright and when adjusted,can bejust as high as my head lights. as for changing the bulbs in the grill, it is a pain, but you can change them with just the radiator cover off. it takes some patience when you have large hands, it can be done then you dont run the chance of braking a tab on your grill.