Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger Xtreme numbers

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 06:17 PM
cubican
1st Gear Member

My pump was at 97% with 93 oct tune, thats one of the reasons Im thinking of going E-85 on my car using the gt500 pumps and 60lbs injectors.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:23 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

That's just f'ing impressive right there. There are TQ shelves that claim to be flat enough to put a beer on, but this one really is that flat! I can see some competitive numbers coming out of this kit, drag strip and open track!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
That's just f'ing impressive right there. There are TQ shelves that claim to be flat enough to put a beer on, but this one really is that flat! I can see some competitive numbers coming out of this kit, drag strip and open track!
Agreed. This thing pulls like a beast from 2K all the way up to redline.

I wish I had video of the dyno pulls. Jim Sr appears to be a pretty serious guy, but the first pull where he got the tune close to where he wanted it, he hopped out with a big grin.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:20 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Seems odd to me with modded GT's in that HP range running on factory pumps all day long without issue. Maybe extra fuel needed for cylinder cooling due to the 91?
What was your pump running at? And have you done any upgrade to the pump?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by beaustang
What was your pump running at? And have you done any upgrade to the pump?
Stock pump as I stated a bit earlier.

Jim Sr did have an issue during tuning where the A/F was a little screwy and getting lean at the top end. Turned out it was a vacuum hose that apparently loosened up on the drive down that was throwing things off.

I presume fuel delivery would have been the first thing he checked before locating the hose problem, and he didn't say anything about the fuel pump being close. JDM asked me to call them tomorrow and check in to be sure things were going well, and that I was happy with the tune. I'll ask then and see if I can find out where the pump % was sitting.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I spoke to JDM this morning. The highest fuel pump duty cycle on my car with the JDM tune was 76%.

They asked Jim Sr about it, and he said there are some serious limitations in the standard V6 fuel tables that limit fuel delivery compared to a GT tune with the same pump. Jim actually went in and revised the fuel tables in the tune as needed. They don't feel there's any need for a pump upgrade at the power level where the car stands now.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:51 AM
cubican
1st Gear Member

That is great info, and a sign of a great tunner.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:53 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

That makes me want to take my car to NJ and get it tuned when I go IC'd... I have never been to NJ
Old 05-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
That makes me want to take my car to NJ and get it tuned when I go IC'd... I have never been to NJ
You might not have to go all the way to NJ (though the section JDM is in is very nice). I believe they'll be offering remote tuning via email, etc
Old 05-25-2010, 04:45 AM
I3lackout
1st Gear Member

I'm actually going to NJ this summer for a wedding. I wouldn't mind taking a side trip and getting a tune from them for my non-IC'd. Do you have contact info for them? Plus, it'd give me a great reason to drive me stang there.

Quick Reply: X-Charger Xtreme numbers