Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I know there's been a lot of positive Brenspeed reviews lately BUT...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 12:06 AM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

haha yeah it's a lot better, sorry for speaking too figuratively. The car just gets up and goes as soon as you touch the gas
Old 06-27-2010, 10:24 AM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

I did get the AM package. I have only the tune (93 performance is in) and a GT AB auto muffler. Before tune 1/4 was 15.89, after was 15.30 with 3/4 tank of fuel and "stuff" in the trunk. That is the fact, not seat-of-the-pants. Both runs same night within 1 hr.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:11 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joshspony
Actually, AM doesnt require the part be purchased from them. I got new tunes for an upgrade that I didn't purchase from them.
That may be true, but you only qualify if you buy the tuner or tunes from them and I already had the tuner and didn't want to pay $150 for three tunes.

Originally Posted by dsnaf2u
I did get the AM package. I have only the tune (93 performance is in) and a GT AB auto muffler. Before tune 1/4 was 15.89, after was 15.30 with 3/4 tank of fuel and "stuff" in the trunk. That is the fact, not seat-of-the-pants. Both runs same night within 1 hr.
That's great. I hope you don't think I'm trying to say one company is better based on me just driving around my neighborhood. I'm just saying what my experience has been with Brenspeed so far. I'd love to take the car to the track at some point to see how he fairs on a real, calculated test.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:58 PM
U R 11 5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by staggolee
Well I just got back from a spin around the city and I had a hell of a time the whole way.
As I pulled out of the gas station (wanted to top off on the 91 octane before loading the tune) I didn't feel anything huge right away. But I pulled up slowly to a light and waited for green.
2 seconds later I was singing through 4k rpm and I just started laughing out loud, seriously. Before 3k there is a sure improvement in throttle response and the car is definitely quicker. Just after 3k, however, you can feel the torque really pull. The car really comes alive and shoots through the higher rpms easily.

Lots have been said about improved throttle response. Let me put it this way.: For the last few weeks, I've been messing around with the throttle and I've learned how deep I can press it without making the engine rev. It used to be that I could press/depress the pedal a full 1/4 inch with the revs only upping a few hundred rpms. Now, if I do the same thing, the car jumps forward as if to say "What! Why would you do that?!".

I used to want a Bama tune, but when they went over to AM the change in pricing dissuaded me since they don't sell individual files anymore, and I already had an SCT and intake. I'll buy an 87 tune eventually, since I know its recommended, but I don't see any reason I'll have to switch from 91 anytime soon and if I do I'll just have to go back to stock.

I'll report back about MPG when the tank has dropped a bit.
That is awesome im glad you like your tune. I just got my car pro tuned but for me my car always feels like its lacking something because i have felt the nitrous with my nitrous tune lol. but i like my street tune he made for me too. 210 rwhp isnt bad for a V6 but its nothing compared to the nitrous lol.

Have fun with your car and im glad it turned out well.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:17 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Thanks man, you enjoy yourself too.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Noodle23
Im sorry I'm having trouble following. Is the throttle respose better or worse?
BETTER... he was trying to say that the rpm's shoot up with a tap of the peddle. one of the more noticeable improvements from a good custom tune.