Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Check charging system light???

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Sweet thing

Default Check charging system light???

I have a 2008 mustang 4.0,my question is that when I'm driving and using my fog lights or have the heat on high my check charging system light comes on. I have the deluxe model with all the great add ons, and I'm just wondering if others out there have the same issues, and what they have done to solve this problem, thanks again so much for any replies, and happy New year to all of you. Also I'm so happy to have found this site, I have owned mustangs from when I was 19 until now as well, I just get frustrated that car's are becoming one big computer now, instead of when I watched my dad, uncles ect poppin up a hood and being able to find and fix problems asap, I also own a 2002 that I'm working on, but I really would appreciate answer for the 2008, thanks
Old 01-03-2017, 07:47 PM
JimC

You are in the wrong section. This isn't for issues with your particular car. This section, as the title says, is:

Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.
You post questions about your car in the section for your year and model (in your case the S197 section)
Old 01-04-2017, 09:07 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Moving to tech..
Old 01-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Sweet thing

Originally Posted by JimC
You are in the wrong section. This isn't for issues with your particular car. This section, as the title says, is:

You post questions about your car in the section for your year and model (in your case the S197 section)
thanks for redirecting me, I haven't been on any forums since I was weightpulling my pit bulls, I apologize
Old 01-05-2017, 06:44 AM
JimC

My guess based upon the description, and the age of your car, your alternator is on its way out. Get it tested. Changing it out is pretty easy.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:34 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

If you go to a local Battery Wholesale they will check your entire charging system for free..