Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

Need 17X8 Black Bullitt wheels w/ Stock Center Cap

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 08:46 AM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Question Need 17X8 Black Bullitt wheels w/ Stock Center Cap

I have an 08 Pony Package. The stock tri-bar pony cap won't fit on the black bullitt wheels sold by AM. Does anyone know who sells these wheels that will accomodate the stock center cap? I went to OE Wheels LLC...their site indicates they sell them but it has been saying "Out of Stock" for at least the last month or so.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

The odds are very likely you will need to peel the emblems off of your OEM caps, assuming this can be done, and use silicone adheasive to apply them to the caps of your aftermarket wheels.

Do a search in the Tires & Wheels section for threads with "center caps" in the title.

Jazzer
Old 09-24-2011, 06:57 PM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
The odds are very likely you will need to peel the emblems off of your OEM caps, assuming this can be done, and use silicone adheasive to apply them to the caps of your aftermarket wheels.

Do a search in the Tires & Wheels section for threads with "center caps" in the title.

Jazzer
wow...274 views and one reply....thanks Jazzer

After abusing Google for about an hour...I have found numerous retailers that claim to have the black bullitts that will accomodate the stock center caps. I really want to avoid the stick on decals.

Thanks again.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

It does not suprise me that somebody makes a wheel that fits your OEM caps.

But, don't misunderstand here.... you peel the OEM Tri-bar Pony emblem OFF of the plastic insert that snaps into the wheel. You do the same to the emblem you DON'T want on your new aftermarket wheels. You then use silicone to apply your Tri-bar emblem onto the cap that came with your new wheels. The reason being, that the caps tend to fit too deep, too shallow or don't fit at all within your new wheels.

I have done this with both sets of my knock-off Saleen wheels. I now have authentic Saleen caps on my knock-offs

Jazzer
Old 09-25-2011, 03:12 PM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

It does not suprise me that somebody makes a wheel that fits your OEM caps.

But, don't misunderstand here.... you peel the OEM Tri-bar Pony emblem OFF of the plastic insert that snaps into the wheel. You do the same to the emblem you DON'T want on your new aftermarket wheels. You then use silicone to apply your Tri-bar emblem onto the cap that came with your new wheels. The reason being, that the caps tend to fit too deep, too shallow or don't fit at all within your new wheels.

I have done this with both sets of my knock-off Saleen wheels. I now have authentic Saleen caps on my knock-offs

Jazzer
Are you sure my stock tri-bar will peel off with damaging/ruining it? Where do I buy the replacement stickers to adher to my stock center caps?

Thanks
Old 09-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I have heard of others doing this as well. No experience myself in doing it tho, so not sure the best way to remove them.

I am not aware of anyone that sells the replacement stickers. Not saying they are not out there.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Originally Posted by 08 Pony Package
Are you sure my stock tri-bar will peel off with damaging/ruining it? Where do I buy the replacement stickers to adher to my stock center caps?

Thanks

I used the razor-blade to remove 4 full-sets (that is 16 individual caps) and had zero issues of any kind. The emblems on all of them were a thick aluminum one and were not fragile at all. Now, if I was too quick and tried to rush this, I could have messed them up I'm sure.

Jazzer
Old 10-20-2011, 07:34 PM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

I used the razor-blade to remove 4 full-sets (that is 16 individual caps) and had zero issues of any kind. The emblems on all of them were a thick aluminum one and were not fragile at all. Now, if I was too quick and tried to rush this, I could have messed them up I'm sure.

Jazzer
Ordered my wheels today from AM. Where did you get your emblems that you affixed to your new wheels?

Thanks Jazzer.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:52 AM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

disregard....I see that you removed them from your OEM wheels.