‘Steve McQueen Edition’ Bullitt Mustang Drops at 2018 L.A. Auto Show
Limited to only 300 units, this ultra-high end pony delivers supreme performance and improved driving dynamics.
Chad McQueen and the team at McQueen Racing announced the start of production of the official “Steve McQueen Edition” Bullitt Mustang at 2018 L.A. Auto Show, Nov. 29.
Built with a limited production run of only 300 units per model year and available from Ford Dealers worldwide, this ultra-high performance edition Bullitt Mustang has been purposely re-engineered to deliver supreme performance, improved driving dynamics, and offers increased exclusivity for the iconic Bullitt Mustang produced by Ford Motor Company. The vehicles will be built in the USA by Galpin Auto Sports and Steeda, in Australia by Mustang Motorsports, and in Europe by Steeda UK.
The dedicated engineering and performance teams have spent considerable development time to create the most quintessential McQueen Mustang possible – The Steve McQueen Edition. The design spec was classic McQueen – take an already excellent car and enhance power throughout the powerband, while improving the handling capabilities suitable for both track and on-road, all while giving the design an even more classic restrained but undeniably cool stance.
“Ford’s Mustang has always been a big part of my dad’s legend. I wanted to kick the already strong performance up several notches without losing that essential style that makes this car so desirable. Less is more,” said Chad McQueen, professional racer & Steve McQueen’s only son. “This special edition reflects the lessons my dad ingrained in me about what made his personal cars so desirable.”
Key attributes of the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang include:
- Available Powertrains – Naturally Aspirated 500hp or Supercharged 775 HP (estimated)
- Only available in Dark Highland Green
- Exclusive McQueen Racing Performance Powertrain, Suspension and Handling Parts Engineered, Tested, and Developed in Collaboration with McQueen Racing and Steeda Autosports
- Exclusive Steve McQueen Edition 20-inch Aluminum Wheels 20 x 10 inch (Front) and 20 x 11-inch (Rear)
- Nitto NT555 G2 Ultra High Performance Tires – 275/35ZR20 (Front) and 315/35ZR20 (Rear)
- Available Four-Point Roll Bar with Rear Seat Delete Kit and 6-point Safety Restraints
- A Purchasers Package that includes a Letter of Authenticity, Signed Steve McQueen Edition Commemorative Print by Camilo Pardo, and Other Highly Desirable Collectible Items
- Commemorative Steve McQueen Edition Rear License Plate Numbered JJZ109 – a Nod to the Original Movie Car
Top tier automotive suppliers were selected to complete the one-of-a-kind package. In addition to Steeda and Nitto Tire, Ford Performance, Ultra Wheel Company, Air Design, Safecraft Restraint Systems, Watson Engineering, Classic Design Concepts, Covercraft, and Lloyds Matts all provided/sourced product and/or engineering expertise to the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Program.
Galpin Auto Sports, the official west coast modification shop of the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt package, has more than 65 years of experience in building, modifying, and delivering specialty vehicles. Their team provided an exceptional level of product knowledge, marketing expertise, and key consumer product insights to the program.
To commemorate the launch of the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang, Camilo Pardo, famed artist and designer of the Ford GT has created a one-of-a-kind painting that will be auctioned off during the Boys Republic Steve McQueen Car Show in Chino Hills, California, May 31, 2019.
The Boys Republic is a private, nonprofit, nonsectarian school and treatment community for troubled youngsters. Since its founding in 1907, it has guided more than 30,000 at-risk teenage boys and girls toward productive, fulfilling lives so they can achieve their maximum potential for responsible, self-directed life within the community. The artwork is a collage of both the 1968 Mustang Steve McQueen drive and the 2019 Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang being produced today.