Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

2007 Mustang GT intake cover installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 10:33 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Mustang GT intake cover installed!

ORIGINAL: Agleon

A bit Off topic but is a CAI in Miami useless?
No, not useless anywhere! It allows so much more airflow and if you ask me is essential in hotter environments. Yesterday there was a bone stock '05 Mustang GT racing at Byron, his BEST run was a 13.98@98.5 and my best was a 13.42@103.89. That kid knew how to drive and was getting the same or better 60 foots as I was (around 2.0) so the difference was after 60 feet. His shift points were about 6k which I remember mine being as well bone stock and he was crossing the line in 3rd gear. I also cross in 3rd gear but I shift at 6300 rpm's.

So, my car was 5 tenths or more faster and 5mph higher trap speeds, this tells me the CAI is worth every penny.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:40 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bc

ORIGINAL: bc
ORIGINAL: viking396
Now I feel like the biggest MORON on the planet, that part number states $48.00 plus 9 bucks shipping but no picture. Are you SURE this is the same item? If so I'm going to need to go for a LONG walk because I've been TAKEN!
Where were you last week when everybody was asking? [:@] Just kidding, thanks for the info.
I'm sorry...really. I just found out about it the other day on another forum where someone said they had already gotten it and that was the part number. But it's true there is no picture at fordparts.com. But since the person on that forum got it with that part number (and that price) I just trusted the info and ordered it. All it says for the part description is "COVER". I hope I don't get a blanket with Ford written on it!
BTW...I searched back for the thread at http://www.allfordmustangs.com and found that lots of people ordered it but no one has reported back as of yet that they received it. Was the one you got on E-Bay advertised as fitting both 06 and 07 models? After reading the entire thread some were concerned about it fitting the 06 even though they ordered it anyway. As soon as I or anyone receives it from this part number please report back. Thanks.
I received mine and it does fit, however the two blts in the front of the throttle body don't work with this cover, it looks like for '07 they use two side bolts that fit through the gromets and allow you to toghten them down. The rear mounts work fine as is. Heck, I could just leave it since the front kind of pressed over the bolts since the gromets are rubber. But I know that's wrong and I want it installed right.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:40 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Agleon

A bit Off topic but is a CAI in Miami useless?
No I am in Orlando and still buying one.. any CAI is still going to give you alot colder air and increased airflow than a stock intake..
Old 06-25-2006, 10:48 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Viking, The first time I saw the Ford item it was presented by you on this thread: https://mustangforums.com/m_1531473/...tm.htm#1538046
Looks like you had committed yourself to purchasing one of the Midwest covers but backed out of that deal as well. That's not cool and I have a feeling your getting ripped on Ebay is God's way of saying payback's a bitch lol.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:16 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BoidMorphs

Viking, The first time I saw the Ford item it was presented by you on this thread: https://mustangforums.com/m_1531473/...tm.htm#1538046
Looks like you had committed yourself to purchasing one of the Midwest covers but backed out of that deal as well. That's not cool and I have a feeling your getting ripped on Ebay is God's way of saying payback's a bitch lol.
I was in full contact with John so making a judgment like that without knowing the details isn't being fair. As for the karma, who knows, the original one on eBay sold for $325.00 and right now I have mine installed and I didn't pay as much. It was a big hit at the car show last night so in the end I think I'm ok. I try to be honest with people and I expect the same in return, if John had an issue with how I handled the situation he would have said so during our email conversations I'm sure.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:18 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pegasusphototx

One question, is it metal or plastic?

-danny
It's hard high temp plastic and the Midwest cover installs better I think but this one has more detail for less money (for those of you who aren't quick to jump on it like I did).
Old 06-26-2006, 12:15 AM
steve vercolio

Just my 2 cents, Ford decided not to put those covers on the 05 model because of a fear it would run hotter. Still, they do look cool, just don"t run cool.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:16 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

So viking, if I got it straight the two upper TB bolts are diferent with some type of mounting hardware?? I am going to the dealer this week to pick up some stuff and order the cover, so maybe I can get the part numbers for the hardware we need for the 05 and 06 cars.

Seems like someone is making an awfull lot of money on plenum covers out there. Looks nice though.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:17 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: steve vercolio

Just my 2 cents, Ford decided not to put those covers on the 05 model because of a fear it would run hotter. Still, they do look cool, just don"t run cool.
Not sure where the heat issue would come in here? The intake is a type of plastic and I highly doubt this cover will change the temps around the top of the intake.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:20 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

So viking, if I got it straight the two upper TB bolts are diferent with some type of mounting hardware?? I am going to the dealer this week to pick up some stuff and order the cover, so maybe I can get the part numbers for the hardware we need for the 05 and 06 cars.

Seems like someone is making an awfull lot of money on plenum covers out there. Looks nice though.
Correct, the two front top bolts cannot be used to mount the intake, no way no how but I'm sure the bolts from the '07 have two ends, one goes into the intake, the other goes out to the intake cover. I took the two front gromets off but now have them back on, with the two rear ends in place it slides over the front bolts and is actually a tight fit but of course can still be lifted if you give it a good yank, but will stay in place until the proper bolts are used.

Quick Reply: 2007 Mustang GT intake cover installed!