Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

If you take tour 05 to shows.... be very carefull spending $$$$

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 02:10 PM
silverpoison
2nd Gear Member

Default If you take tour 05 to shows.... be very carefull spending $$$$

I went yesterday to a car show here in Los Angeles, let me tell you guys It is one of the worse and unprofessional places I have ever been on my life. First of all they were judging 05 mustangs in one category and 06 in another one. Now I really don't understand how a Company Show (I don't want to mention any names ) was handing out to people discount cards to people voting for their car (the car was a mustang with ricer stickers all over and he didn't even show his engine, he opened the hood only 2 to 4 inches to show people that he got a vortec ). To not make this to long, this guy got the 2nd place and the first place was for a guy member of the club (he was counting all the votes) his car was a stock V6 mustang with crome handles, crome mirrors, and crome covers in all the caps in the engine compartment... nothing else. Like about 8 of the 12 guys counting votes won the category were their car was..... FUNNY..... I was very dissapointed because is not how hard or how good your mods look is about WHO YOU ARE..... I decided not to assist to any car show similar to this one unless it is a performance specific car show.... BE CAREFULL IF YOU ARE INTO THIS...
Here is a link to a tread about my car mods ...

https://mustangforums.com/m_1720466/...tm.htm#1720466
Old 07-31-2006, 09:26 PM
pegasusphototx
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: If you take tour 05 to shows.... be very carefull spending $$$$

Been to several shows like that... the 'buddy system' truely sucks. I have had a few wins at these shows, but all in all, independent judging instead of enterant judging isn't always better either. It's a crap shoot, try to go out there and meet people, show your car, and have fun doing so.

-danny

[IMG]local://upfiles/33432/A4C2E07F42E74F0986A9FC0EF0DA6F82.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-01-2006, 12:08 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Went to a show recently that was heavy toward fart can cars. I was fortunate enough to get best in show mustang and also 1st place in domestic sportscar. The other 20 cars in my club that attended got nothing. They gave away a bazzillion trophies to the imports and hardly any to american cars.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:46 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

I have learned over the last few years that you should not attend or enter cars shows with the sole goal of winning a trophy. Judging is so subjective that even if you really do have the nicest car there it does not mean you will win. Go for the fun of it hanging with the buds and checking out the Hot Rods and Hot Broads.

Richard
Old 08-01-2006, 01:35 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I go to car shows all the time, probably once a month. But I just show my car and I don't register to get judged. I enjoy looking at other cars and exchanging information with other owners more than I like going crazy over who's car is nicer. Besides, WTF am I going to do with a trophy? I've got boxes of HS and College trophys in my basement collecting dust.

Believe me it's alot more enjoyable my way. NO worrys mate.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:38 AM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

I used to take my old mustang to car shows and the judging was done by the ppl who entered cars and every time the same ppl won and it was all 50's-70's cars that won. Very rarely did a newer car win because everyone voted for their friends and no one else. Needless to say i stopped going to the car shows since i put all that work into showing it off and no one cared. I prefer car cruises to car shows now.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I put my car in shows all the time - - did one this weekend and took 2nd place in S197 Modifieds.

I prefer the shows of "Peoples Choice" were everyone is given a ballot to fill out.

There are very few truly "fair" judged shows - - most of the ones I got to, I end up thinging "WTF" when I hear who took first and second place! and usually those shows have screwy catagories where you really have to think about where your car should be.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:51 AM
MobyDickDog
2nd Gear Member

Okay, you guys are kidding? Who would enter a new car into a car show??

If the car isnt' older than a car made before 1972 keep it at home.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:52 AM
S*PONY

yea i went with silver poison to this even and seriouslly everything he is telling u guys is soo true.. some of the times people dont know s&&t about cars and they just look at it because it shines brighter.... i was at this event and they should have a category on the pipe systems man i wanna hear these new models roar!! at the shows.... i would stick with these car shows just to get ur face memorized for the future shows out there.. u never know.. u might get a good call one day that u might be suprised with , and win something..[/IMG]
THIS CAR IS READY FOR SHOWS .... probablly the best original muscle car out here in the city!
Old 08-03-2006, 12:29 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MobyDickDog

Okay, you guys are kidding? Who would enter a new car into a car show??

If the car isnt' older than a car made before 1972 keep it at home.

I'm right there with ya. But practically every event I have been to in the last couple of years it is a couple of nice old cars that diserve to be in a car show, and the rest are either showroom stock new cars, or a new car that someone threw a couple of parts on ( i'm sure it has been going on longer than that ). Makes me giggle to hear the complaining going on because someon took a new car, put a couple of chrome pieces on, maybe had the hood painted, and they didn't win.

Quick Reply: If you take tour 05 to shows.... be very carefull spending $$$$