Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

New Exhaust Tip

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 01:09 AM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New Exhaust Tip

lol, maybe i shouldn't have even made a post! Oh well it's better than arguing over the undercar neons again with GT owners. It'll be replaced with a true dual setup from JBA but it's just a temp. setup
Old 08-04-2006, 02:46 AM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdlesk

lol, maybe i shouldn't have even made a post! Oh well it's better than arguing over the undercar neons again with GT owners. It'll be replaced with a true dual setup from JBA but it's just a temp. setup
Keep an eye on ebay, I just picked up a full GT exhaust for $61. I live in VA, but my buddy drives a carhauler and picks-up where the exhaust was sold in Jersey, so I gave him $50 bucks to pick it up. Still a damn good price for a full exhaust.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33630

Old 08-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

It's long for my taste as well, but the whole point of the forum is exchange of ideas, etc so don't hold back. As an interim to a more extensive exhaust changeout, consider getting a set of GT take-off mufflers for ~ $80.....maybe less from a GT forum member with them sitting in their garage. Then just change out the right side for the time being. Many here have done the same and love the results...you get a longer, nicer looking stainless tip than stock V6, plus better performance/sound for your efforts. First mod I did, liked it so much eventually went to GT duals.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:31 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

It actually isn't that bad, and if you find it a little to big you can always saw a bit off at the end? Or is one of the clamps there? The only problem I've seen with an exhaust that sticks out is vandals somehow can't help themselves and just HAVE to stand on it. Friends of mine got their car fu(ked up because of that.

@rygenstormlocke: I'll look into that!
Old 08-04-2006, 11:42 AM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Yeah it could be cut. Yeah I was running with a GT last week and was really suprised how good his stock exhaust sounded. Ours sound pretty good too but only if you stand behind it. Can you hear the Gt's from inside the car?
Old 08-04-2006, 03:37 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pantera72

Keep an eye on ebay, I just picked up a full GT exhaust for $61. I live in VA, but my buddy drives a carhauler and picks-up where the exhaust was sold in Jersey, so I gave him $50 bucks to pick it up. Still a damn good price for a full exhaust.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33630

Lucky son of a >_< what did you type in the keyword for that?
Old 08-04-2006, 07:22 PM
w.nickelson
1st Gear Member

Waaaaay to big. But hey, it's your ride.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:10 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Yeah it could be cut. Yeah I was running with a GT last week and was really suprised how good his stock exhaust sounded. Ours sound pretty good too but only if you stand behind it. Can you hear the Gt's from inside the car?
Yep, you can hear em. And not to little. It's a loud some bitch if you step on it. But naturally for some people it isn't loud enough. The great thing of the exhaust system is the "flowmaster" effect, for lack of a better word that is.

Step on it and it gets loud, but cruise and there is no pain at all. Excellent!
Old 08-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

I agree with everyone else...there is a point to where it looks cool and then a point to where it is just too long. Dont get me wrong your car probably sounds good and what not. But I think it is too long. Thats just my opinion, and plus its your car not mine. what muffler do you have on there? If its a GT take off dont they have chrome tips for it?

Oops just got done reading that your running on a stock muffler. Ford does sell tips for it. My Pony package stock muffler had a nice tip on it. Ill see if i can go back and find some pics of it.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

Ok so this is what my muffler use to look like. If i still had it i would have sold it to you. But i have duals now so i dont have it. But ford should have this tip somewhere.

[IMG]local://upfiles/38656/4045C7AE72FE411E836E1AEEC9A55139.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/38656/0D4A4CC305CA49F4A3A871F4D855BCC1.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: New Exhaust Tip