Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Haters for the Side Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 12:51 AM
jittie
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Haters for the Side Stripes

ORIGINAL: KCDeubners

Wow, I can't believe there is actually some controversy over one's preference of stripes. BTW - I think it looks great. My '06 pony car came with the gold side stripe which was a big deal to me, although hard to match if I want others. My 65 had them, as did my 98 - I guess I am hooked on the retro look of stripes. I'm glad to see someone combine the side with the top stripes - I had considered that.
I don't think I've seen anything but some great looking Mustangs while I've been on this kick of forums, so I thank everyone for letting us have a chance to see some great cars.
I am amazed at the fussing that goes on between different styles and choices. If you find the car of your dreams and it makes you smile keep it and show it off. Don't fret what others think, just make it yours. I waited a long time for my Mustang, and drove 500 miles to find the one I really wanted. Many dealers tried to talk me into something else, but I held out. I know that someone came along and fell in love with the car I passed over - isn't the the mystic of the Mustang?
Keep the pic's and stories coming; I'm having a blast reading and learning from all of you.

dkd

[IMG]local://upfiles/44988/6D38001EF08A4499B3F86412BC69236A.jpg[/IMG]
Are there two different shades of gold they offered with the stripes? I swear the stripes on the one I test drove were like gold gold, and the stripe in that picture looks almost silvery-ish. In fact, the gold ones that I saw were darker to the point that they didn't match the bright red paint at all.

Maybe I'm colorblind...
Old 08-16-2006, 01:21 AM
Homer1181
1st Gear Member

It is so funny, I do the same thing. Every morning when I open the door and see my car outside, I get a smile and think, "What a Bad *** car." I know someone mentioned the same thing and I could not believe that lots of people are going through the same thing. Also I am not a big fan of the gold stripes, all the others look good. I just bought mine after market, lots more choices.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44864/D4DD19D89DA8422A9D5F6DF1D31FAA60.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/44864/58DA31E9FAA844F6A33AD265FF99F420.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-16-2006, 01:24 AM
stoneblue
2nd Gear Member

I like the side stripe on allmost all of the v6 cars. But I think the mustangs in all black look sweet also.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24983/207F344834DC49FD8B8325D619F3150B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-16-2006, 01:58 AM
bennihill
2nd Gear Member

i don't know why i don't like the side stripe, maybe because it mustang. anything that identifies the car i have removed (fake gas cap, pony emblem in front, pony in my spinners, etc.) maybe cause i like the "clean" look. i mean people already know its a stang once they see it. this has to be the most popular bodystyle ever. more people know this bodystyle than the 1970 fastbacks.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:25 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

i dont mind stirpes, jus tnot the look i was going for, but heythat could change in a few years ......stripes or no...i love the mustang and i mean all years, they have always been stand out cars ina crowd, i went with my look cause i wanted elegant and fast, i dont dis stipes they ust arent my style, but your car looks awesome with em.......nice pony!

my ride till i get a signature made

[IMG]local://upfiles/46173/4E88284869A74FE1AB0A0CDB4F641684.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-16-2006, 04:32 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Nice stang, love the white and red. I used to have a white and blue stang. I got the black door stripes and i think they look real good. Adds alittle more flare to the sides isnt alot of detailing on them. I especially like them on yours because of how it ties both sets of stripes together. Get her lookin good.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Unbound

My stang is the exact opposite colour scheme of Homer1181 is. I like mine without but his with the side stripe.

PS: celenztah said...
"Not sure when this Mustang high will end"?

Let me assure you all, it doesn’t!
I've had my 2005 for 15 months and when parking it I still walk away backwards staring at it. Every time I get into it to go to work or the corner store it puts a smile on my face when I turn the key. No, it doesn’t go away.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:36 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i like the side stripe on my color. i have tungsten, so the stripe isnt very obvious
Old 08-19-2006, 02:02 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I'm also a side stripe hater, well maybe hater is too strong. I don't like the side stripe thet says MUSTANG for some reason, but a car with a solid stripe looks OK.
BTW lower it! Get rid of the gap!
ORIGINAL: Miami Mustang

Not to hijack.. but it's been 3 months now since I bought mine... and I still get a big silly grin every time I eyeball my car while walking up to it... I say to myself... "what a badass good looking car!"... lol. Usually, I get pretty "routine" with a car after only a couple of weeks of owning it. Not sure when this Mustang high will end! Maybe no time soon!
Lol same with me, and it's been 10 months! But I also criticize it in my mind like I do with other cars I see. I'm like "I love my car! But man it looks wierd with all that wheel gap, I need to lower it! AHhh!!" As for the side stripes I think his car looks better now with them on judging by the pics. Mine came with white ones (Pony Package) but I took them off cuz I wanted a clean look. Had I got a different color stang I might of left it on, like celenztah's windveil blue, but the white on black didn't thrill me.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:49 PM
mister ed
1st Gear Member

I don't hate side strips. They look just fine and many Mustangs look great wearing them.....but not mine. I like mine plain which is why I got the delete. But I did put a rear stripe on today, which I do like.

Quick Reply: Haters for the Side Stripes