Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Haters for the Side Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 11:07 PM
Homer1181
1st Gear Member

Default Haters for the Side Stripes

This thread is to try and convert all the haters for the side stripes on the mustang. I am going to post the before the side stripe then with the side stripe. Maybe is will change you mind. Look carefully or dowload the pic to see it bigger.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44864/C8B4CEEC9E024DDCA3F80F7A4EF4FAB2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/44864/A02437ACEFAF43339130291FD0A35ACF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/44864/A58C4AA18D2042E6A9C2F55DC421E51F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Haters for the Side Stripes

Looks good, I love the side stripes I think it gives it a retro feel, I also like how it adds some character to the car instead of some plain black, red,.... mustang.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:18 PM
JimC

I've always liked the side stripe. Some Mustangs look good without, but generally I prefer them. I think that yours without the side stripe looks incomplete -- the side stripe completes the package in my opinion.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:19 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

When I was first contemplating getting one of these yummy, newer 'stangs, I saw one with the side stripes and thought "that looks tooo adolescent".... but maybe it was the color combo choice perhaps, but when I saw the 'stang that I wound up buying on the lot with the side stripe (exterior sport appearance package), with black on windveil blue... it just said, "buy me... you know I am yours!". And so I did and I love the look!

EDIT: Did I say "yummy"??? lol
Old 08-15-2006, 11:36 PM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: celenztah

... it just said, "buy me... you know I am yours!". And so I did and I love the look!

I know what you mean. I was actually considering a Red one with the Pony Package, but once I saw the only Legend Lime a few cars down it was like a magnet. Then when I saw the 17' inch Black Painted wheels and the black accent stripe that was all she wrote. To me it has a great tetro feel, and becuase I was drawn to it so strongly it truly feels like mine. It's been three weeks and I still get a big silly grin everytime I go to get in it. So back on point for me the sides stripes work.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:44 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tacatc

ORIGINAL: celenztah

... it just said, "buy me... you know I am yours!". And so I did and I love the look!

I know what you mean. I was actually considering a Red one with the Pony Package, but once I saw the only Legend Lime a few cars down it was like a magnet. Then when I saw the 17' inch Black Painted wheels and the black accent stripe that was all she wrote. To me it has a great tetro feel, and becuase I was drawn to it so strongly it truly feels like mine. It's been three weeks and I still get a big silly grin everytime I go to get in it. So back on point for me the sides stripes work.
Not to hijack.. but it's been 3 months now since I bought mine... and I still get a big silly grin every time I eyeball my car while walking up to it... I say to myself... "what a badass good looking car!"... lol. Usually, I get pretty "routine" with a car after only a couple of weeks of owning it. Not sure when this Mustang high will end! Maybe no time soon!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:55 PM
jittie
1st Gear Member

Love the side stripe, I've never seen that color combo before with the stripe, looks damn good! I remember when I was shopping for my stang, I test drove a red one with a GOLD side stripe (since it was the only one with the interior options I wanted) and almost barfed when I saw my reflection when driving by the glass doors of the dealership. Once I saw one with a black stripe, however, I decided I really liked the look of it.

Every once in a while I start thinking about what my car would look like without the stripe, but I don't really know if I would like it....too plain or something.

Nice looking car dude!!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:07 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

With the sixer bumpers and rockers, i like the side stripes, but with the GT bumpers i don't for some reason.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Miami Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Not to hijack.. but it's been 3 months now since I bought mine... and I still get a big silly grin every time I eyeball my car while walking up to it... I say to myself... "what a badass good looking car!"... lol. Usually, I get pretty "routine" with a car after only a couple of weeks of owning it. Not sure when this Mustang high will end! Maybe no time soon!
Lol same with me, and it's been 10 months! But I also criticize it in my mind like I do with other cars I see. I'm like "I love my car! But man it looks wierd with all that wheel gap, I need to lower it! AHhh!!" As for the side stripes I think his car looks better now with them on judging by the pics. Mine came with white ones (Pony Package) but I took them off cuz I wanted a clean look. Had I got a different color stang I might of left it on, like celenztah's windveil blue, but the white on black didn't thrill me.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:34 AM
KCDeubners

Wow, I can't believe there is actually some controversy over one's preference of stripes. BTW - I think it looks great. My '06 pony car came with the gold side stripe which was a big deal to me, although hard to match if I want others. My 65 had them, as did my 98 - I guess I am hooked on the retro look of stripes. I'm glad to see someone combine the side with the top stripes - I had considered that.
I don't think I've seen anything but some great looking Mustangs while I've been on this kick of forums, so I thank everyone for letting us have a chance to see some great cars.
I am amazed at the fussing that goes on between different styles and choices. If you find the car of your dreams and it makes you smile keep it and show it off. Don't fret what others think, just make it yours. I waited a long time for my Mustang, and drove 500 miles to find the one I really wanted. Many dealers tried to talk me into something else, but I held out. I know that someone came along and fell in love with the car I passed over - isn't the the mystic of the Mustang?
Keep the pic's and stories coming; I'm having a blast reading and learning from all of you.

dkd

[IMG]local://upfiles/44988/6D38001EF08A4499B3F86412BC69236A.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Haters for the Side Stripes