Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Shift knob and Bezel installed.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default Shift **** and Bezel installed.

Alright, this is my first for interior accessories. I've got the billit shifter bezel and a round composite shift **** with a flat top and 5 speed logo. Pictures are embedded but I'm afraid my camera takes rather ****ty photos. Just figured I'd share this with you all and get your opinions.

The shifter bezel needs 10 pilot holes drilled, but you only drill like 1/4" to get through the shift boot and the plastic beneath the shift boot. All in all both were fairly easy. I did put the retainer on the shifter **** on backwards at first, and was wondering why the shift boot wasn't "secured" down... then I realized it and just got back from correcting my errors. Anyways, enjoy. Opinions welcome as always.

[IMG]local://upfiles/27669/2873FDAF1C474860933E04071B6CD7E2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/27669/F9AC925CF1EB42B2AD86C00A2DF077EF.jpg[/IMG]ft
Old 08-23-2006, 03:14 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Interior Accessories installed

Looks good! The brushed finish interior accesories look really good on these stangs.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

A couple complaints... The shift **** won't tighten (the little hex key inside to stop it from spinning,) so the shift **** is secured on there but it'll spin around. UPR said there is a lock washer missing on the shift ****, and they are sending me a new one... though I believe the lock washer is inside there but it's just not working properly.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:14 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

Alright, this is my first for interior accessories. I've got the billit shifter bezel and a round composite shift **** with a flat top and 5 speed logo. Pictures are embedded but I'm afraid my camera takes rather ****ty photos. Just figured I'd share this with you all and get your opinions.

The shifter bezel needs 10 pilot holes drilled, but you only drill like 1/4" to get through the shift boot and the plastic beneath the shift boot. All in all both were fairly easy. I did put the retainer on the shifter **** on backwards at first, and was wondering why the shift boot wasn't "secured" down... then I realized it and just got back from correcting my errors. Anyways, enjoy. Opinions welcome as always.

[IMG]local://upfiles/27669/2873FDAF1C474860933E04071B6CD7E2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/27669/F9AC925CF1EB42B2AD86C00A2DF077EF.jpg[/IMG]
Looks sweet, I really like that shift ****... now if only the letters on it lit up, it would be perfect!
Old 08-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I wanted to get the cup holder bezel from MGW, but I'm afraid it won't match up as nicely as I thought it would, to the shifter bezel.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:54 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Alright, this topic really hasn't gotten much traffic, but I figured I'd let anyone know who is curious. The shift **** presented problems early on. I'm going to first break down it's design.

There is an aluminum billit shaft that goes through the Black "Grip" part you see in the photo. The billit circle ontop screws to the shaft, basically pinching the "Grip" tight. Well, when I purchased this it lacked a lock washer, so it would hold tight for about 2 seconds before it would spin around. So UPR sent me the lock washer, and I installed it as soon as I recieved it. FINALLY! It seemed to be fixed, until I was undergoing some hard shifting and the "Grip" pulled completely off the Billit shaft. The screw somehow unscrewed itself completely! The design is simply horrible, and any who are looking to purchase it, think twice.

Right now I'm waiting to find out if I can return/exchange it, so I won't go bashing any sponsers at the moment... A highly unsatisfied customer thus far.

PS: No issues with the billit shifter bezel, minus the fact that it always gets smeared via hands from being in the area... otherwise it looks great, no complaints.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:57 PM
JDBullitt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shift **** and Bezel installed.

Just put a new shift **** on mine from Mustang Tuning. Very nice, no problems, might want to see if they have one you like.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

Alright, this topic really hasn't gotten much traffic, but I figured I'd let anyone know who is curious. The shift **** presented problems early on. I'm going to first break down it's design.

There is an aluminum billit shaft that goes through the Black "Grip" part you see in the photo. The billit circle ontop screws to the shaft, basically pinching the "Grip" tight. Well, when I purchased this it lacked a lock washer, so it would hold tight for about 2 seconds before it would spin around. So UPR sent me the lock washer, and I installed it as soon as I recieved it. FINALLY! It seemed to be fixed, until I was undergoing some hard shifting and the "Grip" pulled completely off the Billit shaft. The screw somehow unscrewed itself completely! The design is simply horrible, and any who are looking to purchase it, think twice.

Right now I'm waiting to find out if I can return/exchange it, so I won't go bashing any sponsers at the moment... A highly unsatisfied customer thus far.

PS: No issues with the billit shifter bezel, minus the fact that it always gets smeared via hands from being in the area... otherwise it looks great, no complaints.

Have you tried any locktite?
Old 09-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

The product shouldn't need locktite, and if it does need it, it should be provided with every purchase. At this point I've thrown the stock shifter back on and I'm simply waiting for the company to get back to me. I just want to return it and shop elsewhere. Though I have yet to recieve a return phone call. I purchased this from one of our sponsers, and just goes to show that not all of them are top notch. Thus far, and I know many would agree, Brenspeed is our #1 Retailer. Hell, Brenspeed should carry EVERYTHING from now on. =D
Old 09-03-2006, 01:34 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Menace,
Obviously, since you mentioned the cup bezel, you are familiar with MGW....Have you thought about trying their shift ****? I've had it for about a year or so, and love it.....

You may want to give it a try......

Mike

Quick Reply: Shift knob and Bezel installed.