Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Side stripe decision

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 10:27 PM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

Default Side stripe decision

alrighty so i have decided...that...well.....I am not too much a fan of the side MUSTANG stripe. My stang is black and the lettering is black, i just think she would look alot sleeker if she was all black. I know everyone has their own opinion,so this is just mine. My buddy( who just had some guys try to rip off the chevy logo off the back of his cobalt SS) are gonna take them off friday afternoon, and tips? I use a hairdryer or something?
Old 08-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Miami Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Side stripe decision

I also have a black stang and I took mine off, makes the car look cleaner. Check my cardomain (page 2), you'll see what it looks like before and after taking the stripe off. As for taken them off I did it with my hands really slow, nothing to worry about it's not a badge or anything like that.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154302
Old 08-24-2006, 12:01 AM
w.nickelson
1st Gear Member

The sides came off when the super snakes went on. I found the vinyl that Ford used was crap in comparison to what BSM sent me, so the Ford garbage came by just pulling on them.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:37 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Ya my friend took his off. He just got a razor blade just to get the corner of them up then just pulled on them. Took less then 5mns.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:02 PM
BlueStang6
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but a comment and questions for w.nickelson:

I like the look of your SS stripes and I'm thinking about the exact same ones - did you do them yourself? Have you thought about striping the bumper or was it too diffilcult to line up? Last Q: what is an $0.89 antenna mod? LOL

Again, apologies to all for the off-topic.

John
Old 08-24-2006, 04:11 PM
w.nickelson
1st Gear Member

I'm waiting on the front. I installed it all myself which wasn't too difficult (seven hours well spent), but the front doesn't cover the cut-out portion of the bumper so I'm leaving it off for now. I really screwed up the rear bumper piece so it isn't there either. Rob at BSM asked if I wanted another crack at the rear, so of course I said sure. Waiting for the new piece to arrive and then I'll see about putting the front on.

The $0.89 antenna mod is just something I whipped up at Lowe's to cover the hole from the antenna. Since I have Sirius and I never listen to the local radio anyway I took the antenna off and never looked back. The original was nothing more than a modified screw cover held in place by some JB Weld. The new one is a plug that does the same thing.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:20 PM
BlueStang6
2nd Gear Member

w.nickelson ..... Thanks, now I'm a lot more comfortable with my decision to go with the BSM SS stripes and installing them myself. And about the antenna mod - I may get 'Sirius' about that one, too! LOL.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:01 AM
JimC

ORIGINAL: BlueStang6

w.nickelson ..... Thanks, now I'm a lot more comfortable with my decision to go with the BSM SS stripes and installing them myself. And about the antenna mod - I may get 'Sirius' about that one, too! LOL.

My last contact with Rob he told me that he is working with a test mule this week to come up with a precut for the front bumper. Said to watch the site when he has it set -- so I am holding off until he has something ready as well. I've been very pleased with the SS stripes -- get compliments every day (just today an older couple in a car next to me were asking questions and commenting how much they liked it).
Old 08-25-2006, 04:16 AM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

so tonight after work...slowly but surely peeled off the side stripes, its a shame how incredibly cheap they are..they just feel like dinky tape..o well... to me it looks a trillion times better I WISH i had some comparison pics for you.....now shes all ready for the dual exhaust! [8D]