Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Window scratches

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:31 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default Window scratches

Have any of you guys noticed scratches on the window from what seems to be going up & down lines. I just noticed this yesterday. Not 100% sure if its only on the tint or on the window too. Is this a known problem with these windows/doors? How is this corrected?
Old 09-11-2006, 12:35 PM
mrwhitegt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Window scratches

check this thread out, has all you need to know about the subject: https://mustangforums.com/m_1592410/tm.htm

and to add to it, I myself did the moleskin treatment, it's been there for a couple of weeks now and so far so good no scratches!
Old 09-11-2006, 12:36 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Yup, mine is scratced about.. 10-15 scratches on each window, and its in the glass too not just the tint. It happened after I got my tint though, so because I put the tint on Ford wont warranty the windows, so were taking the tint off the front windows, then having Ford replace the scratched windows and make sure that nothing in the door will scratch it again, then getting them retinted.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:42 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

My thanks to you both.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:00 PM
kindred169
2nd Gear Member

They'll replace scratched windows under warranty? Sounds like something they'd label as "normal wear and tear". My windows has scratches as well (stock, no tint). If it's true, i'd love for them to replace mine.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:13 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

They will not replace scratched windows under warranty unless they tinted them.

I just installed a moleskin kit myself and had the windows retinted about 7 days ago. I have not rolled down my windows yet but I'm hoping this fixed the problem.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:39 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

One other question. Are the scratches supposed to be confined to an specific area above the handle? I ask because I thought I read that someplace. The scratches I have are above the handle but also near the lock. (There are alot near the lock, only 1 or 2 near the handle)
Old 09-11-2006, 08:36 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

One other question. Are the scratches supposed to be confined to an specific area above the handle? I ask because I thought I read that someplace. The scratches I have are above the handle but also near the lock. (There are alot near the lock, only 1 or 2 near the handle)
Mine is exactly opposite, I have alot near the handle and a few near the lock. O and my dealership said they WILL replace the scratched windows under warranty because the scratches are being caused by something in the door actually scratching my windows (which isnt normal wear and tear, thats a defect). Only thing they cant do is replace the windows while they have tint on, or replace the damage caused to the tint.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:11 PM
bushbanger
2nd Gear Member

I had mine tinted and now they are scratched to hell . Just got some stuff called moleskin which I will install and have the windows retinted ....this should stop the scratches
Old 09-11-2006, 10:23 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Yeah I'm gonna try that stuff once I take the tint off to see if my window is scratched as well. If it is I will get the dealer to replace and then add that moleskin and retint. Hassles, hassles, hassles. Why couldnt they just make a better design....geeez

Quick Reply: Window scratches