Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Ultimate sleeper...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 12:15 PM
slowryde45
1st Gear Member

Default Ultimate sleeper...

Just sitting here at work...on a Saturday morning [:@]...and having way too much time...but at least it's 1.5x time...but, what if....

I took my '06 GT, bought take-off V6 Pony front and rear bumpers and side skirts, took off all the badges and replaced with V6 badges (we don't need no stinkin badges), and replaced duals with a single muffler.

Hmmm......oh, the possibilities...not to mention shocked looks you'd get

Don't worry....j/k - LOL
Old 09-17-2006, 04:20 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ultimate sleeper...

you'd have to convert to single exhaust which would mess up your flow ALOT. unless you just stayed duals. I really want rygen to go back to v6 bumpers. His car is pretty plain besides the gt bumpers and he will rape most gt's especially now with the 11 psi spring. That right there is the ultimate sleeper. Scrmin and the other f/i guys have major sleepers too. I want f/i so bad, if i were to do it i would keep the exterior totally stock from now on. That my friend would be an insane sleeper/money maker.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:15 PM
slowryde45
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

you'd have to convert to single exhaust which would mess up your flow ALOT. unless you just stayed duals. I really want rygen to go back to v6 bumpers. His car is pretty plain besides the gt bumpers and he will rape most gt's especially now with the 11 psi spring. That right there is the ultimate sleeper. Scrmin and the other f/i guys have major sleepers too. I want f/i so bad, if i were to do it i would keep the exterior totally stock from now on. That my friend would be an insane sleeper/money maker.
LOL...oh I know. I was just bored at work, and poking a 'lil fun at those that have to have that GT look on their V6's. I drive a V6 pony package, and have no bones about it. Sure it's modded a little, with the C&L/SCT tunes from Evo, a Magnaflow axleback, 3.73 with LSD. I can only dream about keeping up with Rygen and Scrmng's cars - lol. Those are 2 of the hottest cars in these forums. But it still gives me the giggles when I see folks taking their cars apart to put on GT parts (talking visuals, not mechanicals). What's even funnier is when some of those folks make fun of someone else for being a "poser" - lol.

But the 'ultimate sleeper' was actually from a comment that a fellow stanger and buddy of my mine made one night as we were checking out a local here with a modded V6. We laughed about it as he asked if he could buy all the v6 parts that this guy took off his car when he put on all the GT take-off body parts - INCLUDING badges . But hey...it's all good, and if it moves you, just do it.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

i dont know about the Badges.....but as far as the look, i want the agressive look i can build on the GT kit. Chinspoilers for example to ME dont look that agressive on v6 bumpers. But on Gt bumpers they give me that agressiveness that i am looking for. But as far as putting Gt badges on my car, naw i am going to put a 4.0 badge on the rear when she is finished (oh when i get the kit on) and then slap a 4.0 high performance badge on my dash
Old 09-18-2006, 01:12 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

yea, well im not a poser either, i am proud that I have a 6... I just love the way hte GT bumpers look and compared to stock on the 6, they just didnt do it for me... The GT front bumper was so much beefier and hte dual bumper just made it a night and day difference for me.