Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Roush Scoop Color off !

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Default Roush Scoop Color off !

Just got my Roush hood scoop and its like a shade off...If it was a half shade i think i could live with it...I would think performance white wouldnt be that hard to match. Maybe i am being too picky. So now i am not sure what to do...any suggestions would be appreciated . Besides the color the scoop defitnetly gives the car a bit of bad a$$ look so iwont to make this work.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:50 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Roush Scoop Color off !

Vocoat,
Well, that sucks....Obviously you bought a pre painted scoop....Where did you purchase from? I would contact them, set the scoop against the hood, and take some photos of the color difference. E Mail the photos to the Customer service group where you bought.They need to make it right.

Yes, the Roush scoop looks good, but you won't be happy if you compromise.....make them make it right for you!!

Mike

Old 01-06-2007, 11:43 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Roush Pre-painted scoops are not cheap (for me they are not)..if not done right sendit back. mlcrycc's made some great suggestions.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:50 AM
offrdmania
3rd Gear Member

I am curious to know if it was bought from Roush direct or a Roush authorized dealer? Roush makes a point of color matching their products very well. I have seen a few guys on eBay who are buying up unpainted Roush parts and painting the products themselves and then selling them less expensive than an authorized dealer. A few websites are doing the same thing. If it is infact a Roush authorized dealer then they will refund your moneyor exchange the defective product.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for responses...I bought it from Roush Performance Products. I will take a picture today and call them on Monday. Hopefully they will take it back, if not i suppose i will have to take it to a local dealer and have it repainted. Should i expect the color to be off a little bit or should it be a near perfect match ? I will post the picture here later on today...
Old 01-07-2007, 12:17 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Well, I can't say from personal experience, since I did not color match, but my expectation would be for a perfect color match.....
Have you done anything that would effect the stock color on your car? Doesn't seem like Performance White would be a tough color to match....I know when I clayed and used ICE, my Mineral Grey seems to have lightened up considerably.....

Mike

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/C86758EA7DEE4CF8AB85F0A488F33CA0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-07-2007, 12:27 PM
05 GT Black Magic
1st Gear Member

bring it somewhere local to you so you can make sure they get a perfect match.. thats the problem with buying things pre painted
Old 01-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

I do readily use the Ice alotand i suppose its possible the car lightened up...Iwill probably end up taking the thing to a paint shop....that will be one expensive scoop when its finished... On same note i haverecieved window louvers from LMperformance and the paint match was excellent...I have the side scoops coming Monday so will see how those look. The only reason i didnt get the scoop from them is because they didnt have performance white listed as a color for some reason.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Here is the scoop laying on of the hood.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31319/A3A0154DA41A44C1A9816ADB8E86B512.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-07-2007, 03:51 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Yep, a picture is worth a thousand words...I would contact their customer service, and send that photo.....

Definately see your frustration.....

Mike

Quick Reply: Roush Scoop Color off !