Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 07:18 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Default Opinions

Im trying to decide whether or not to keep my GT Bumper on or go back to a v6 bumper. My dual's that i had done are causing alot of problems so i am going back to single GT exhaust and im debating if it will still look good with the GT Bumper and only 1 muffler of should i go back to the regular bumper.

I love the look of the GT Bumper but not too sure about the look. Any opinions?
Old 02-01-2007, 07:33 PM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Opinions

well if ur gunna go back to singles then why keep the dual gt bumper. im sure you could sell it for something. but my question to you is why are you going back to single? im not aware of your problems with duals but why spend all the money for the duals and just put it to waste. im sure you could get it fixed.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:55 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Basically for some reason there is no backpressure from the exhaust so its forcing out too much fuel and eating away my gas. I dont know why its doing this but i was told the only way to correct the fuel burning problem is to go back to single so thats why im deciding on what to do.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:11 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Based on the fact that a ton of people with v6's here have dual exhausts and no backpressure or fuel consumption problems, I would look into that some more before you switch back to a single -- like kidrobotzero said, what a waste of money.

Talk to a different mechanic (at your Ford dealer, at a different Ford dealer, at some other shop that does mufflers) and definitely get a second opinion on that one.

And, if you do end up switching back to a single, you'll want to go back to the bumper with a single cutout. Imagine how funny a v6 bumper with one cutout would look with a dual exhaust (one of the pipes would be hanging way low and it just wouldn't balance; it'll be the same problem having two cutouts and only one pipe.)

But yeah, look into it first and get to the bottom of things before you jump back to a single pipe after having spend all that cash and time getting switched to duals.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:30 AM
tientran
2nd Gear Member

What happens with your dual exhausts? I have dual exhausts and I don't have any problem. Beside better look, I get more power, better mpg.
ORIGINAL: HurricaneStang

Im trying to decide whether or not to keep my GT Bumper on or go back to a v6 bumper. My dual's that i had done are causing alot of problems so i am going back to single GT exhaust and im debating if it will still look good with the GT Bumper and only 1 muffler of should i go back to the regular bumper.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:42 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HurricaneStang

Did you go with an H, X or Y dual system?
I seem to remember that you went straight with none of the above... that could be your problem.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:58 AM
tientran
2nd Gear Member

[align=left]Hi! Hurricanstang;
Oh! I read backyour post at Harmonic engine. You don't have either X or H pipe. Maybe that causes your car problem. I think you should put X or H pipe in. Iuse X pipe and have no problem. [/align]
Old 02-03-2007, 01:26 AM
birdoffire7
2nd Gear Member

I'm not sure why you'd want to get rid of the duals if you went with them, but if you must I'd go back to the other bumper. I don't think I'd be too crazy to have an obvious cut out for a tail pipe with nothing there like you'd get by keeping the GT bumper on the car. My .02